Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

atv's more popular than snowmobiles

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atv's more popular than snowmobiles

So lets see, 250 do you mean 520? Still sounds good for an 800 mile sled.

Old 06-28-2005, 12:14 AM
Range Rover

Hey catman I can top that our last ride was june 10 we can still ride above 11,000 feet but to be honest with ya I,m sick of it our first ride was halloween weekend thats just to long of a season

Old 06-28-2005, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

I had two of the dang things and it hasn't snowed here in five years...I got sick of traveling to find snow, that's why I got rid of them and bought a fleet of atv's![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-28-2005, 07:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: theCATman
I believe it. I still own a sled & have thought of getting rid of it many times, but nobody wants them anymore. If you want to sell one, a guy better get ready for a serious screwing because you'll have to lose your A$$ on it...... BAD!!!! I tried getting many dealers to take mine on trade for a quad, watercraft, dirt bike, etc. & all they would give me a good deal on was in trade for another sled. Soooo, mine can just sit in my shed & get it's annual 100-200 miles each winter. It's a 2000 model year with 800 miles. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
i AGREE! couldn't agree MORE! i bought 2 brand new sleds ('99 and '00) and it was an almost no-snow Winter 2 years in a row so i decided to sell them...............for a LOT less than i paid for them. never again! i used to have to tow them almost 2 hours just to find snow.

now ATV's are a very strong market in my area. too bad they are such a dis-organized group and hated by many. i see our sport heading downhill because of all the ATVers abusing the land and trespassing. i'm lucky enough to ride on my own private land so my ATV usage is limitless. however the State just closed another public rec area to ATV riding.

it's not just a few riders in my area that are ruining it for everyone but A LOT of them. we are getting what we deserve in MA.

~MT

Old 06-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

MT-you don't get any good snow in Mass. You must be trailering. JK. I sold both my sleds and my 2-place enclosed 2 years ago. Even in southern Maine the snow has been lame. Loading up driving 1-2 hrs north, gas up truck,2 sleds and gas up all again later in the day=almost 200bucks in gas. Fu#$ that. I'm taking a break from the sport after 17yrs. Wheeling=out the back door and 10 bucks for all day fun. Like i tell my buds- YOU'RE GUARANTEED DIRT! every year, no need to watch the weather.

Old 06-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

i love snowmobiling as much as ATVing i live on a river so all i hav to do is drive down the bank and i go snowmobiling. i could careless if i hav 2 drive 2-3 hours its worth the ride up north. hey theCATMAN how much ru willing 2 seld your seld for and does it hav studs??????????

Old 06-28-2005, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

so what? a boring post when you think as most sleds are twice or triple
funier than any quads but todays atvs are so versatile and great utility
in the whole market that they fit most conditions and seasons whenever possible.

Old 06-28-2005, 07:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bionic
MT-you don't get any good snow in Mass. You must be trailering. JK. I sold both my sleds and my 2-place enclosed 2 years ago. Even in southern Maine the snow has been lame. Loading up driving 1-2 hrs north, gas up truck,2 sleds and gas up all again later in the day=almost 200bucks in gas. Fu#$ that. I'm taking a break from the sport after 17yrs. Wheeling=out the back door and 10 bucks for all day fun. Like i tell my buds- YOU'RE GUARANTEED DIRT! every year, no need to watch the weather.
yup! i used to have to trailer 'em to Woodford, VT.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Trailblazer

LOL sorry i didnt reply sooner, i dont know how to keep track of my messages. do you? i was j/k but seriously how much you wanna sell it for. LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

XShowtimeX.......... you have a PM.

Quick Reply: atv's more popular than snowmobiles