Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration

I have a '05 Sportsman and when I reach around 35 mph the steering gets a bad vibration or shakes. I had it on a snow packed road and it vibrates off of the road. I had it in the shop to get the ECM replaced and they checked it and said that the tires are flat spotted from sitting in the crate. Has anyone else had any problems similar to this?

Old 06-29-2005, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default Vibration

If thats the case looks like theyd have to replace them under warranty

Old 06-29-2005, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default Vibration

If they won't replace them then at least they should balance them for you or find another solution that works for you. make sure that you don't have any mud or anything stuck to the inside of the rims that'll throw your balance off also.

Old 06-29-2005, 09:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Vibration

The dealer told me that the tires should fix themselves over time. I'm not real happy with their solution to the problem. I was wondering if a can of fix a flat would help them out.

Old 06-29-2005, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vibration

I was at walmart the other day and they have something that is kind of like tire slime and it is supposed to help balance the tires. You might try that. Another thing that I thought of last night was to lift the front end off the ground with a jack or blocks then fill the tires up to the max seating pressure I think it is around 30 pounds but it will tell you on the side of the tire. Then let it sit for a day or two up in the air. I'm not sure if this would do anything or not but it may be worth a try.

Old 06-29-2005, 01:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Vibration

Thanks for your help.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:19 PM
Trailblazer
Default Vibration

How long have you had this thing? I know if I got something from a dealer and they basically say it's because of something they did, THEY are going to fix it. My experience tells me that for tires to get flat spots on them, they have to be sitting for quite a while. It almost sounds as if they are trying to get out of doing anything for you.
If you are not 100% sure that is what it is, see if you can't get a second opinion on the problem. And if you are sure, make them get new tires for you, those will never be right.

Just my opinion. Yes, I know what opinions are like.

Old 06-30-2005, 12:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Vibration

I got it late Jan. this year. When I unloaded it off the trailer, I had a hard time keeping it on the snow packed road taking it home. I thought that it was due to the snow blade I had on it.

Old 06-30-2005, 02:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Vibration

i just can't understand why you would wait 5 MONTHS "MYPALITOS"!

if my new Sportsman had a bad vibration, i certainly would not wait that long to inquire on a fix. i would get that bad boy right-over to the Dealer. (plow or no plow)

if you have a Glacier, there is no easier plow on the market to remove! LOL

i think the Dealer will have good grounds to say that too much time has passed and you're on your own. it's reasonable to assume that if the problem was there when you bought it, then you would have said something about it right away.

just a thought.......

~MT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2005, 03:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Vibration

At first I thought that the problem was due to having snow packed in the rims. After the snow melted I barely road it. I had approx. 100 miles on it with snow on the ground and put another 20 on it after the snow. I originally thought that the tow was off on the front tires. I called the dealer and he told me that the tow is factory set so that can't be causing any problems.

I did call the dealer and told him of the vibration and all he said was your not supposed to ride it on the road. Living in a farming community that is just about the only place you can ride without getting the cops called on you.

Quick Reply: Vibration