Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

whats the loudest, baddest pipe around

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 05:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the loudest, baddest pipe around

Originally posted by: atvstan
hey buddy go bake to your quite 2 stroke section, who must be one of them guys who obeys by the law...mommas boy
It's guys like you that gets us in trouble with the law and get riding areas shut down. You won't make any friends on this forum with a attitude like that trust me and no one will want to help you out.

Old 07-02-2005, 05:34 AM
Trailblazer

hey guys chill out i'm not trying to be a smart a$$, all i'm saying is a loud pipe sets your machine a part from stock quads. and where in the world do u guys ride to be getting in trouble for a loud pipe, i'm talkin strictly racing, if u get into trouble with the law on your quad its more likely u did more than just make some noise

Old 07-02-2005, 07:43 AM
Pro Rider

If you are going to be racing only then ok. But who only races their machine? There are states that have strict db level laws that require you to be under the legal sound limit or your cited a ticket. Louder isn't always the best performer either. I would want to have the best performing pipe not the loudest. I understand you wanting a good sounding pipe but to just come on here and say "I want the loudest pipe" is just kinda obnoxious and you won't have many people wanting to help you. To own an ATV comes with a certain amount of responsibility to be courteous of other people who don't want to hear a loud pipe blarring in their neighborhood or close by in a riding park. I'm off my soapbox now.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The pure Polaris pipe I know is a good performer and is tuneable with discs that can let you have more power in certain areas. I hear good things about the Yoshi pipe as well. Others may chime in as to what pipe works best. You can also do a search and find tons of info. on Predator pipes. Good luck.

Old 07-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

Correct me if I am wrong , but --- I believe next year there are decibel limits at AMA quad events . I don't pay much attention to this kind of stuff but I believe I heard something about this .

In France I believe even race bikes are limited way down in decibels . (Yes , I know we are not in France)

It is a little wiser to run as quiet a muffler as you can many times , I prefer not to draw attention to myself , sometimes I am places I ought not be and there is no use in making it public knowledge . I really don't need the attention , I get paid attention to enough .

On my sons quads though I prefer a louder exhaust . I can tell from a quarter mile away what they are doing , (as in going to fast ) --- or if they are running at all . I think I can keep them safer if I can hear what they are doing .

I think Stan may be a young feller , and if I was his pappy I would have a noisy pipe on his quad just to keep an eye on him . Stan would get the attention he needs , and I would be able to keep him as safe as possible.

Rick

Old 07-02-2005, 01:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Loud exhausts can be good and bad at the same time. Like Rick said its good to hear what the younger riders are doing. My HMF on my pred is very loud when i have the quiet core out, that has saved me a few times when going up hill shoots other riders can hear me coming up the hill. Just last week a kid on a all stock 400ex got smashed by a SP 700 going up a sand hill at my local riding area the guy on the SP said he didnt hear nor see him, just maybe if the kid on the 400 had a some what louder exhaust this accident would have never happend i'm not sure. BTW the kid was ok but his EX is going to need some work.

On the other hand a loud exhaust can get riding areas shut down, theres a time and place for everything, its up to the rider to use his better judgment, I would go with a pipe like HMFs if you want to be loud you can when you need to be quiet you can its the best of both worlds with great performance.

TR

Old 07-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Trailblazer

trailrider500
Where do you ride in Northwest Indiana without getting in trouble?
I am tired of the 2 hour drive to the badlands!

Speaking of the Badlands (Attica Indiana) A loud pipe there can keep you from getting run over.

Old 07-02-2005, 01:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

who care's if its really loud, i just wanted my quad to sound better, and not like a polaris[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]sure my quad is loud but its not to the point some1 can here it 5 miles away. Any pipe will make ur pred loud if u take the spark arrestor out but i'd rather have a sweet sounding pipe that doesnt constantly backfire when i let off the gas or just sound cracklely when ur riding it, like every1's said, loud isnt better

Old 07-02-2005, 02:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Calmer, cooler heads prevail. The times have changed drastically. A loud pipe is only a beacon for local enviro-extremists. Loud does not mean fast, and actually to a point, a silencer which is overly "free-flowing", can actully drop your HP. The Pure Polaris/White Brothers silencer is a great choice, HPD, HMF are also great sound controllable choices. White Brothers has even stepped up with a sweet quiet core for their carbon pro silencer also.

Loud pipes will get you fined, parked, and left watching from the sidelines. Responsible, controlled sound will keep you riding, and keep our riding and racing areas open. Please don't give the enviro yahoos something to complain about.....cause ya know their just waiting for something to complain about. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MCAVS
trailrider500 Where do you ride in Northwest Indiana without getting in trouble?I am tired of the 2 hour drive to the badlands!Speaking of the Badlands (Attica Indiana) A loud pipe there can keep you from getting run over.
I know of about 10 places to ride out the 10 you can ride trouble free in about 6 of them, The place i ride most is only a 5 minute ride from my house this place pretty big even with 30 other riders there is still enough room to ride. For you its about a 25 minute ride from crown point its worth the drive. I'll shoot you a PM on how to get there.

TR

Old 07-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Range Rover

Wow I had no idea noise was that big of an issue down there! Well to go back to the ct you can take disks out to quiet it down, but it does sacrifice performance. BTW I do not consider myself a young punk because my pipe is loud. We don't have any noise restrictions in my neck of the woods.

Quick Reply: whats the loudest, baddest pipe around