Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Crashed My Pred! Where is the Best Online Place for Parts (Steering Stem and Components)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crashed My Pred! Where is the Best Online Place for Parts (Steering Stem and Components)

Hey Guys I crashed my quad this weekend (a 2003 polaris predator 500) and my wallet doesn't allow me to pay retail at my local delearship. Where is the best place for these parts?

Can you guys suggest an online store to get some parts cheap?

Thanks,

AspDotNetGuy

Old 07-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Crashed My Pred! Where is the Best Online Place for Parts (Steering Stem and Components)

yes, try this discount oem polaris parts site, they offer about a 20-25% discount on everything. and only charge $5 shipping no matter what you order.

http://www.polarisoemparts.com/

hope this helps.....

X

Old 07-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

Full coverage insurance runs less than $400 a year. http://www.insurepolaris.com Something to think about in the future.

Old 07-05-2005, 11:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

Try Azmotorsports.com for the parts you need. I just bent up my steering stem and handle bars on my 05 preddy. This was the best price I could find for OEM parts.

Though, I told my dealer I could find the stem for $93 off this website and he matched it. I also bought oversized Pro-Taper handle bars and grips.

I did the same thing with my 03 preddy, but tweaked the frame and other things. Dropped the machine off at the dealer and called my insurance company. Picked up the quad the next week with $2,500 in repairs, just paid my $250 deductable no questions asked. I have Progressive and pay $120 a year.

Hope that helps.

Old 07-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have insureance.

It will still cost me about 600.00 to make a claim so I am trying to debate whether its worth it I don't think it is.

I don't think my frame is tweaked all though i ma not sure i would know. That this metal plate connected to the top of the frame where the steering stem goes is bent but I think I can just straighten that.... am i correct?

Old 07-06-2005, 03:10 AM
Pro Rider

Found out that price applies if you're 32 or older. DOH! I'm looking at full coverage minus collision to be in the $400 range. Sorry for the misinformation. Good luck finding your parts bro!

Old 07-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

I'm older than 32... There ya go! Cheap insurance.

The bracket that the steering stem attaches to will straighten out just fine. I put a short 2x4 up to it and whailed on it with a hammer. Tried to use a bottle jack, but couldn't get a good set-up to push it out. You'll need to massage the sides of the bracket a little to straighten it out. It will look good as new... Until you bite it again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Just picked up my parts yesterday, now to put them in... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].