Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

A "warning" about HPD parts for the predator!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A "warning" about HPD parts for the predator!!

Very,very nice looking quad Kahnman. I really don't know why that wouldn't sell!! Totally trick!

Old 07-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

I have been very pissy lately and have wrote many of my problems down. Just so you all know,I don't HATE HPD.as a matter of fact I believe they are the best place to go when it come to the scrammy/trailblazers. My own scrammy has a HPD race modded engine and a sloo of other parts all from them.They have always tried to do there best to fix any problem I had with my scrammy. I just feel they are dropping the ball when it comes to the predator.They could controll the market for the predator if the R/d was better.I have gotten a few parts for my predator from them but,I had problems with them. The tripple rate spring kit was frist,the fronts where ok but, the rear springs sucked.The steering post I got from them broke in the air off a jump.While in the air I twisted the quad for some style and the stem ripped of the steering post.The quad was Never flipped onto the post or anything that would cause it to get weak.Then darrell keep me hanging on for throttle cables for his thumb throttle.(I mean how hard is it to get motion pro to make one). So, when it came time to mod the hell out of my predator I figured HPD would have it right because of the way my scrammy came out. Well they weren't I very good choice.It took them a long while to send the carb (which was in their catalog)Then,the dam thing didn't fit (and they even sent a new intake boot but, it was shorter then the stock boot) Also I wouldn't have had a throttle cable for that carb.I went though all kinds of problem there ,darrell keep telling me he was working on one . He even told me on the phone one day that as soon as he got off he would make me a cable.Well, he didn't he just sent a note say that they would call me when they get one.So aftet the carb did fit I just had to send it back,and contact Daryl Rath(who help fix the whole thing In a week)FCR carb help)

I really Hate myself for the bad news I wrote about HPD.They have always been real nice people. I just want you all to know what problems I have had so you all won't have the same!

I am Really sorry for bad mouthing HPD but, maybe they will fix things up there .

Don't get me wrong I'm not done with them,I will still buy from them, just not for the predator.

Old 07-22-2005, 11:41 PM
Range Rover

Hey Hoopie and Duneaholic, this thing is exactly the same as a Lonestar or Laeger complete frame and chassis steup that you can but to race in the unlimited modified class. These are what the pro's used to race until the underdog's complained and they made a new pro class that HAS to use stock frames. The birth of the new 450's has made my quad obsolete in the pro class, but not in the modified. It is still based upon the infamous 250r chassis setup. It is made to be raced by a professional on the mx or harescrambles. The only difference in this machine versus the $18-22,00 machines from Lonestar or Laeger, is that the engine is from Polaris. Everything else is either Honda or an aftermarket upgrade based upon the racing 250r's. Kinda neat, it handles like a pro race quad on jumps and turns but I dont have to shift. As you could see from the pics, I keep it in good condition too.

Old 07-23-2005, 08:18 PM
Range Rover

I actually think I am going to take it and ride it some on Sunday. I might as well have some fun on it while I wait to decide how to sell it again. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

Hey hang a "For Sale" sign on it when your riding. It may bring some lookers.