Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

A "warning" about HPD parts for the predator!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A "warning" about HPD parts for the predator!!

HPD has screwed me again!!!! they have sent me a HSR 45mm carb that is for the predator. first off,there is no throttle cable or thumb throttle for it.But that wasn't so big of a deal because I had motion pro make me one that should be here anyday. Now the problem really comes into play,,,,I went to put the carb on and GUESS WHAT!!! IT DON"T FIT!!!
The intake boot is to small, so the carb is up against the frame and dosen't even make A seal on the boot. even if it fit or was modded to fit the choke won't work and the throttle cable would be right in line with the gas tank. I would have to space up the gas tank just to make the throttle cable work.
I'm done with this, I will send them back there carb with a strong note/letter!!! they have wasted my time and money with this carb modd that dosen't fit or work. That was the last Iteam I will ever Buy from HPD.THEY ARE A BUNCH OF FLAKES!!!

Old 07-16-2005, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

I also had some problems with the shock spring kit from them. It used a auto clutch spring as a rear sping. needlessd to say I had to modd the whole kit.It really was a waste of money because no matter how I set it up I wasn't any better then stock. I also had The HPD steering post Ontill the top have ripped off . Of corse I had to reweld it.As a matter of fact Just about everything I got from them has had some problem!!!

Old 07-16-2005, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

I hate that man. I can't believe that the aftermarket companies won't step up to the plate and mass produce things for the Predator! I mean how many frickin years is this machine gonna have to be out to have the products that the 450r and yfz 450 have?

Old 07-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

Now you know how the DS650 owners feel.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

UPDATE!!!!!!! The Hsr carb is going back to HPD as we speak/write. I had it trying to fix HPD's problems.
LUCKLY,we have RATH RACING!!!!!
Rath racing is great they have been very helpfull and they have gone out of there way to help me.
I talked on the phone with Jen and daryl yesterday. Daryl led me to the fcr 41mm Keihin carb,that is the carb he uses on his race preds. He told me to contact Bawlwin(spelling wrong) for the carb. While I was waiting for a call back about the availability of the 41mm, i called HOT SEAT. They told me they had the same carb and that I wouldn't have to mod my frame to fit.Their mod has two billet adapters and a modded throttle cable pull so i can use the stock cable.The price is high so I told them that I would get back to them. I then called back Daryl Rath and told him what I found . He said it was a good deal and that Hot Seat seems OK to him. His exact words were--Steve at hot seat is a good guy and he knows what he is doing.
Well,I orderd the Crab frome HOt Seat yesterday and it was just placed in my hand buy UPS. So far it looks right.

Oh one more thing!! Jen,(daryl Raths wife) Is a good person to talk to see knows their business great and is also very helpful. She even listend to me cry over UPS and how bad they are.

THANK YOU RATH RACING

Matt Spears Team Bricktucky

Old 07-21-2005, 11:56 PM
Range Rover

When you said crying over UPS, did you mean the delevery company UPS? Or HPD? Or Both? I have an HPD race quad hand built buy Daryl at HPD. It is very well built and very fast. I can't enough about the machine. Remember, not all machines are the same and not all aftermarket companies are the same. Some work , some do not. As the saying goes, you can't make everyone happy. The only suggestion I would have is to stick with the same company or service when working on your machine. Don't mix and match. Baldwin Motorsports knows what they are doing, so does Rath. If Rath says get that carb, do it. And, follow anything else he says so you can build your machine like HE knows how:and tested. Just my thoughts. I just wish others had more respect for HPD quads. I think they are better than most. I have not seen some of the others, like AZBADBOYZ or RCR, but I know the complete package from HPD runs very well. Unfortunately, I just tried to sell the 350lbs HPD race quad and could not sell it. Someone out there is missing out on some fun. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-22-2005, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Kahnman. Do you happen to have any pics of the bike all together? I didn't see any on your gallery pics.

Old 07-22-2005, 01:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider

HPD race quad......squeeze throttle, and hope you can hang on!!!!!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-22-2005, 07:45 AM
Range Rover

When I get home (I have been gone all week) I will attempt to update all of the pics. I wil try here to put the link to my old ad with the pics from e-bay. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEUS%3AIT

Old 07-22-2005, 08:59 AM
Pro Rider

Very nice quad! I would love to take that for a drive. Is that based off of the scrambler or trailblazer?

Quick Reply: A "warning" about HPD parts for the predator!!