Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris dirt bikes!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 09:43 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris dirt bikes!

why would anyone want to buy something you obviously dont know how to maintain. and as far as you saying KTM's powerplants cant hold a candle to the rest is just plain stupid. ktm makes some of the fastest machines out there, they may not have the best suspensions out there but there motors are right there at the top. if they put that 520 engine into a quad the size of the YZF 450 it would easily be the fastest quad ever.

Old 08-07-2005, 02:13 AM
Pro Rider

pro KTM has the highest maintanane dirtbikes in their respected market. and no their motors can't hold a candle to the competition mainly that lil island we call japan. them lil guys have the engineering marvels of the dirtbike industry that austria can't touch. they are a good reliable motor not as much power and the rest of the bike is high maintanance. i found an 01 honda 20 that i am looking at buying if i can dump this one soon enough though. wanted a yamaha but honda is a darn good bike.

Old 08-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Range Rover

high maintenence? if you are a person that takes racing seriously there is no such thing as high maintainence.

Old 08-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: weez440
pro KTM has the highest maintanane dirtbikes in their respected market. and no their motors can't hold a candle to the competition mainly that lil island we call japan. them lil guys have the engineering marvels of the dirtbike industry that austria can't touch. they are a good reliable motor not as much power and the rest of the bike is high maintanance. i found an 01 honda 20 that i am looking at buying if i can dump this one soon enough though. wanted a yamaha but honda is a darn good bike.
if they cant hold a candle to the competition, then i suppose KTM winning the DAKAR was a big joke then! funny! KTM's are the best dirtbikes sold, period, and they are they have the fastest dirtbikes out at the moment, well, exept for there 450, thats second. but i suppose its all in the rider, and if hes on a KTM bike and just cant win, i suppose it means double

Old 08-07-2005, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

KTM 2 stroke motors are no joke,give a try to the new 125 sx 2006,
i never felt power like that with an engine so small,the sound is
a real bark of power,let's hope a new 2 stroke quad from this business
share.

Old 08-09-2005, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KTM's are awesome machines.

And whoever says that we should judge the bikes by who wins the motocross races, well, I'll say this: Carmichael dominated on a KX, then on a CR and now on an RM. Put him on a YZ or KTM and he won't miss a beat. Whatever bike is between his legs wins PERIOD. I find it funny that whatever company he's riding for, now Suzuki, touts him in their ads as if THEIR BIKE is why he's winning. whatever.

I'll say this about Ricky: Kawi has a great program for young aspiring riders and many of MX's stars come into their own and get noticed on a KX. Kawi dominates the 125 and mini class because of it. Whether you're a Kawi man or not, you gotta give Team Green credit for helping so many amateur riders get into the big time. Stewart is the next big one and is the heir-apparent to Ricky. He's still with Kawi for now. And If he switches in the next fews years, he'll win no matter what he's on.

But as far as KTM ATV's are concerned, I wish they'd make their own with a 450 engine in it. But if that motor, or the 525, goes intio the Preddy, it'll be a better machine for it.

I'd love to have a KTM ATV. I can't wait!