Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

PLEASE! ANY HELP WITH MY POLARIS TB 250?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE! ANY HELP WITH MY POLARIS TB 250?

Hey everyone, I am in real need of help with this thing...someone mentioned something about a crank case.... <u>exactly</u> where would that be located on my quad and where would the connecting happen?
The problem is the TrailBlazer has been jolted around a couple of times while I was riding in the hill trails out here in lovely Gardnerville, Nevada and after its 2 or 3 rounds going 2 on 1...me and it against some narly off-roading terrain...it wasnt running all as good as it should have and previously was. Still being a relatively new quad owner, and unlike some people I have met and known, I was unable to determine any part of the problem simply by what differences I was experiencing or by the way I heard a change in the way the engine sounded and reacted. I removed the front and rear cover pieces, took out the air filter(s), intake, and the case in which the cylinder filter sits, allowing myself to better see inside and become more familiar with the things that make my quad do what it does. I quickly noticed something that seemed to me, out of place I guess would be the best way to describe why I noticed it. A "Y" hosing coming from the carb. and connecting to...well...nothing. A fluid was leaking from the end of the "Y" which I quickly came to the conclusion (due to the smell) was fuel, possibly (big maybe) mixed with oil. I thought maybe that hosing had something to do with the oil injection or something related but, like I said, I am still rather new. Working on cars with my brothers and guy friends is different than being outside with a dismantled quad attempting to figure things out with no instruction, no help, no guide or help book; so far, I am pretty pleased with myself.
BUT! I do need help...please somebody, anybody....help me?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2005, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

try and track down your part here then you can see where it would plug in...

Old 08-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

ok i went out and checked mine and off the bottom of the T the line runs down and just hangs there "its to take care of over flow from your bowl the line off the top of the T plugs back into your carb next to the choke cable and the base of the T plugs into your carb next to the air intake....

Old 08-15-2005, 05:41 PM
Range Rover

Cecksy....Kudo's on tring to figure out the workings of your quad.
Like Jayblazer said......click on the highlighted link that was posted on his reply. This will help you understand the parts. When you have the funds available to you, you need to get a repair manual that will further enlighten you.
The Crankcase is what contains the CRANKSHAFT, which has the connecting rod assembly on it, which has the piston assembly on the top, which is all inside the cylinder that is bolted to the top of the crankcase.
The Crankcase also holds oil if the machine is a 4stroke and the Crankshaft throws oil onto the connecting rod to obviously keep it oiled.
......Ya need to get yourself the manual......Until then, some library's carry the manuals.
Any how.........seems as if something simple happened to the machine and you seem to be right in the area to look...make sure the air box is connected to the carb without being pinched in any way.
Being new to the Quad you may have fouled out the spark plug so do simple R and R ( remove and replace ) 1st.
Change the spark plug.
KEEP DIGGIN ON GIRL.........you'll get it.
Your Trailblazer is a 2 stroke ( POWER and EXHAUST ) Not a 4 stroke (intake-compression-power-exhaust). Spark Plugs foul out easier on a 2-stroke if you just PUTT-PUTT along without clearing them with some REVS. So if you were on a more technical trail and the plugs have been in awhile and were riding at slower speeds the Plug may have fouled.

Old 08-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

How do you know she's a SHE???? I paint my fingernails before I go ride. It adds 2-3 hp & tons of throttle response.

Sorry for hi-jacking this thread.......... please forgive me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2005, 08:24 AM
Range Rover

Because .SHE.......HAS another posting......Enjoy your painted finger nails