Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2016 Polaris... New Models Released...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Polaris... New Models Released...

Howdy all....
The new 2016's are here.... I like the looks of the XP 1000 Matte Sagebrush Green ATV. The High Lifters look good too.

Polaris Quads: Utility Four Wheelers & Sportsman ATVs : Home Page

Old 07-28-2015, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by NoJoke
Howdy all....
The new 2016's are here.... I like the looks of the XP 1000 Matte Sagebrush Green ATV. The High Lifters look good too.

Polaris Quads: Utility Four Wheelers & Sportsman ATVs : Home Page
Polaris Quads: Utility Four Wheelers & Sportsman ATVs
2016 Sportsman XP 1000 Matte Sagebrush Green : Features
2016 Polaris ACE 900 SP Stealth Black : Features

I like the Sportsman with the Army star and green plastic too. Kind of cool looking. They started out the Ace with a 329 cc two years ago, put the 570 in last year, and now have a 900. Wheeeeee...... Like that they have dedicated mud machines too. Don't have the money for any of them but Polaris sure has stepped up to the plate.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:02 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Looks like they're getting serious on the mud machines. Rack mounted radiator,dual inverted fans and snorkels that are covered to at least try to keep mud out. The young guys are gonna love these at the old shop..

Old 07-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess since Can-Am and Arctic Cat have their mud machines, Polaris had to build one too. I wouldn't buy one unless I was super rich and could afford an extra quad. And probably not even then. A machine built for one purpose that does everything else poorly seems like a waste of money to me. Too much weight, too high center of gravity, gigantic tires with huge lugs that would rattle your teeth loose on anything but mud. No, I'll pass. People will still find a way to get them stuck. Those fans will get caked with mud. Overheating engines leading to blown engines and then pissed off customers because surprise, the warranty DOESN'T cover abuse. The Ace 900 looks promising though but I would never buy one of those either. 11K for a 60 hp one seater sounds a bit overpriced to me. You can buy a Wildcat Trail for that and take a friend along. The 330 engine is gone from the Sportsman replaced by a 450 that somehow makes the same power. That seems rather strange. And its only $600 less than the 570, I see those models collecting dust for years on showroom floors. Many dealers probably won't even order any because they know they won't sell. Was probably the same with the previous model, the ETX. Too close in price to the 570.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:49 PM
Trailblazer

I guess that's why there are so many models, so that there might be a ray of hope that one of them might satisfy your needs.
While I am a polaris guy at heart I have come to appreciate what every manufacturer brings to the table and each creative idea that is built into a new product.

1999 Sportsman 509. wiseco 93mm forged piston. Moose gaskets. CRU aftermarket HO camshaft. new diaphragm and block. Summit water temp gauge. EPI clutch rebuild. custom spacers on both clutch springs. runnin Mobil 1 0W-40

Old 07-30-2015, 12:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I hope Honda at least tries to introduce something that makes a little more power in their 2016 utility atv lineup. They have the Pioneer 1000 side by side. They could easily offer that engine in a Rincon 1000 with the 6 speed dual clutch auto as well. Add power steering and diff-lock and they would go from last to near the top of the class. I don't see them or Yamaha offering a mud-specific machine though. Honestly, they're fine I guess but you can add a winch and bigger, more aggressive tires to any 4x4 quad. The snorkel I believe is a bit unnecessary unless you plan on going through a pond or something. I've seen a few videos where they basically tried to do that though. I'm not that much of a fan of mud myself. And especially deep water. But to each their own I guess.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by greg74
I hope Honda at least tries to introduce something that makes a little more power in their 2016 utility atv lineup. They have the Pioneer 1000 side by side. They could easily offer that engine in a Rincon 1000 with the 6 speed dual clutch auto as well. Add power steering and diff-lock and they would go from last to near the top of the class. I don't see them or Yamaha offering a mud-specific machine though. Honestly, they're fine I guess but you can add a winch and bigger, more aggressive tires to any 4x4 quad. The snorkel I believe is a bit unnecessary unless you plan on going through a pond or something. I've seen a few videos where they basically tried to do that though. I'm not that much of a fan of mud myself. And especially deep water. But to each their own I guess.
We have a lot of clay up here in New England. Every time you go through a water/mud hole with clay in it, another layer gets on the radiator. I've had to have the whole radiator pulled and cleaned out before. I just hate to lose the rack space on the front to a snorkel. At least Can-Ams and Polaris have the intakes routed way up under the front where the gas tanks used to be. Haven't ever sucked water in though I've been up over the racks a couple times.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

I am glad they upped the cc and brought back a new 450HO. The mid bore class is still the bread and butter of the industry.

Old 08-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by WilliamBos
I am glad they upped the cc and brought back a new 450HO. The mid bore class is still the bread and butter of the industry.
The previous 330cc ETX made the same amount of power. I suppose the 450 might have a little more torque having more displacement but I think bringing back the 500 as a value priced mid-size would have been better. Putting the tried and true 500 engine in a mid-size chassis would have been a very interesting idea. I think it would have been a huge hit. Many people prefer a smaller, mid-size quad but most don't have a lot of power. The 500 efi engine in a smaller, lighter(and less expensive) quad would really feel peppy. I think a Scrambler 570 would have been another good idea. That would be a big hit as well, no doubt about it.

Old 08-01-2015, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by greg74
The previous 330cc ETX made the same amount of power. I suppose the 450 might have a little more torque having more displacement but I think bringing back the 500 as a value priced mid-size would have been better. Putting the tried and true 500 engine in a mid-size chassis would have been a very interesting idea. I think it would have been a huge hit. Many people prefer a smaller, mid-size quad but most don't have a lot of power. The 500 efi engine in a smaller, lighter(and less expensive) quad would really feel peppy. I think a Scrambler 570 would have been another good idea. That would be a big hit as well, no doubt about it.
Polaris bought back all shares that Fuji owned, thrn severed ties with Fuji. That is why 2013 was the last year of the 500, 2014 for the 400 and 550. No more Fuji engines.
These new Prostar Engines with DOHC are not short on power. The 450HO is rumoured to be in the 425cc range, and lays down more torque than the 325cc did.
I agree 100%, a.midsized Sportsman would be a hit. Really to bad they are obsessed with the insanely priced big bores when the mid bores are the bread and butter of the Industry.

Quick Reply: 2016 Polaris... New Models Released...