Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Gas prices are so high ----->

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 11:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas prices are so high ----->

hey guys, guess what, bush is adding Diesel motors to the list for the Tax deductions for high MPG engines like hybrids and stuff, looks like diesels are becomeing favorable [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2005, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

Holy smokes !

I didn't mean to stir things quite so much .

I am on day 3 of pushing my bike to work , thank goodness I can coast a bit in the morning as it is a bit down hill on the way in . ( I hope you all realize I am BSing)

Fuel prices always raise this time of year , it just seems a little more than normal this year . I can't predict the future so I have no idea where it is going to stop or if it will .

The high gas prices are annoying at best , but skyrocketing health insurance actually is more of a problem for me .

I am a bit in aggreement with RescueDiver on how he sees things , if I want more , I have to work more , plain and simple . Don't get me wrong , live your life as you wish , I am not telling you what to do -- but -- it seems his method of getting ahead is a mirror of what I have experienced in my life . So much of what your life is going to be like lies in your own hands .

~~~~Hey Helix - - - good to see ya - - - I heard Canada has a lot of oil reserves , what a nice close place to invade !!! ~~~~

If anyone remembers their grade school history books the USA did a poor job of invading Canada , we didn't gain 50 feet in several years . Canada had their revenge .... They sent their geese here to crap all over at ever mini-mall pond ..

Anyway - enough rambling , I gotta sleep and go to the personal hell I have made for myself in the morning .

Rick Ritter

Old 08-18-2005, 12:00 AM
Range Rover

its the begining of the end,gas prices go up,the cost of everything goes up. it would be so cool if all the truckers would stop for a week or 2,then bush might see wtf is going on. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] or they should mass-produce hybrids or hydrogen cars(i think hydrogen is free to produce or something,all theyd have to do is charge like a dollar a gallon,and really have no need to raise or lower it),then,there would be really be no use for gasoline. except for a few things here and there, just my 2 cents.

Old 08-18-2005, 12:19 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: YamahaRaptorMan
it would be so cool if all the truckers would stop for a week or 2.
This is what some loggers here in Washington did this month. I think it was just for the day though.

Link

Nearly 50 log truck drivers have parked their trucks in protest over the fuel surcharge paid by timber companies.

Twin Harbors Southwest Washington Truckers Co-op President Rick Smith says drivers are being paid a rate set in 1984. Several trucks in Lewis County are also off the road today in support of the Grays Harbor drivers

Old 08-18-2005, 12:20 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: mudblaster
you guys think gas prices are high in the U.S.
here in bc canada the gas cost $105.9 per liter.
and theres 4.5 liters in a gallon.
thats almost 4.75 a gallon cdn.
thats over $3.25 u.s dollers per gallon.
Hows it going mud blaster. I think you want to convert gallons (US) to litres both in liquid because there's actually 3.78 litres to a liquid US gallon.
But I agree we pay more and here in alberta we're sitting on a sh*t load yet the americans pay less (FREE TRADE MY ***).
How do you feel about the soft wood lumber tarriff B.S. It seems it was an illegal tarriff but the US refuses to pay it back.

Take it easy.

Old 08-18-2005, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YamahaRaptorMan
its the begining of the end,gas prices go up,the cost of everything goes up. it would be so cool if all the truckers would stop for a week or 2,then bush might see wtf is going on. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] or they should mass-produce hybrids or hydrogen cars(i think hydrogen is free to produce or something,all theyd have to do is charge like a dollar a gallon,and really have no need to raise or lower it),then,there would be really be no use for gasoline. except for a few things here and there, just my 2 cents.
Bush, or any President for that matter, has ZERO to with gas prices. It is based on supply and demand. Bush wants lower gas prices. This forces everyone to 'try' and address the gas prices rather than his agenda.

It is less efficient and cost more to create hydrogen fuel than it saves by running a hydrogen car right now by a large margin.

Old 08-18-2005, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

2.69 today for 87 we'll see what tomorrow brings

Old 08-18-2005, 02:21 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: 2c3
05pred500 and rescuediver, keep supporting the gas prices going up. your going to get just what you deserve.
I am not supporting the gas prices going up. I get frustrated just like majority of people. I have changed my driving habits to get better fuel mileage out of my vehicles. I paid $3.05 a gallon for diesel today. Had I filled up an hour earlier, it would of cost .02 less.

I remember the 1970s and what America went through during that time period. Back then, we had to change our attitudes and could only get fuel on certain days. We are not doing that today. Cars then were only getting maybe 7-10 mpg and were by today's standard's gross polluters.

Part of today's problem is China is a developing country and their fuel consumption is going up. I forget the exact numbers, but in a few years, they will be using more fuel, then us.

In a way, I am glad we are not drilling in Alaska. Why? someday, we will need all our resources and won't be dependant on foreign oil like we are now. So, let's use their resources up and save ours "For that Rainy day"
As long as we keep China from buying one of our major oil companies, we will be alright. When they tried to purchase Unoco. They said they would not take any oil that the company produced from within the US territory. So what, that meant only 17% of the oil would stay here. What about the other 83%? it would go to China[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Along with all the top secret military technology the company holds.

Like I said, think outside your box.

Also, I have traveled the world and lived overseas. I definately appreciate what we have in this Great Country[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2005, 02:32 AM
Quad Patrol

On the tree huggers. The United States hasn't built a new refinery since the 1970's. We have closed down way to many, for the amount of fuel we use. And upgrading them to today's standards are not happening either. No wonder why the refineries are always going down.

Sometimes, I wonder if the fires and other problems are just a front, to burn off what would take years to clean up, along with millions of dollars in fees for the clean up. Then, when the fire is put out, the refinery can finally put in up to date equipment. That way, they circumvent the EIR and EPA requirements.

Just some food for thought.

Old 08-18-2005, 02:33 AM
Elite Pro Rider

RD get ur butt over to the bored thread[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I'M BORED!!

lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Gas prices are so high ----->