Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who is from NJ...

Were do you ride?

Old 08-22-2005, 08:50 PM
Trailblazer

not in NJ!!

Most of my riding is on private land up by Lake George NY. I'll be at Paragon for the second time this weekend and I'm about to sign up for Trailpass so that I can do more riding upstate. I love to know of some good places to ride in or around NJ.

Old 08-22-2005, 09:41 PM
Trailblazer

Ay, I'm from NJ, but there's no damned place to ride, even though here, where we have no cops, we can ride in and around the large forests, by law the only place we got is east windsor speedway. Dont get me started.

Old 08-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Trailblazer

I feel your pain. I ride in PA around Lake Wallenpaupack area (inlaws place). I have been to Modena NY - which is OK. There is a "super secret" place I used to go in off of RT 17 - which I received a warning for this weekend - so that appears to be closed now. How about other in surrounding areas? You mentioned Paragon - how is that?

Old 08-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Trailblazer

Paragon seems to be fantastik...like I said this weekend will only be my second time there. The place is huge...someone told me that it's 15,000 acres...I have no idea if that's true but the place is definately big. My first time there we found enough variety in the trails to satisfy anyone. We were on some "double black diamond" trails that were difficult enough that I wouldn't mind staying away from them in the future and also some "green" trails where you can open up and go as fast as you want and everything in between. Paragon seems to cater more to the jeep trails but there is plenty for ATV riders. The biggest drawback to Paragon for me is that they are strict about making sure ATV riders go out in pairs and I usually don't have anyone to ride with. My 4 wheel'n buddies are upstate NY.

If you thought Modena was OK then you'll think Paragon is almost heaven. I was out at Modena once...it was a good way to satisfy an itch to ride but I doubt I'd go back.

Old 08-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Trailblazer

Where ya from Sluggo?

Old 08-23-2005, 10:08 AM
Trailblazer

North Plainfield...if I'm not mistaken, about an hour south of you.

Old 08-23-2005, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

there are no legal places neer me to ride so i just ride wherever i see trails. i found this awsome spot 5 minutes away from my house and another awsome place in west milford but thats the only places i ride at.

Old 08-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

I'll give you a tip,,ride anywhere in Nj forests, just don't park close ,hide the truck, don't stop for anyone and look over your sholder for the po po's. by law they aren't supose to chase us, they can only get you coming and going. so have good parking and always run.

I hate doing that but it works, and all the few places that are legal suck.

Old 08-23-2005, 05:43 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Fixitmatt
I'll give you a tip,,ride anywhere in Nj forests, just don't park close ,hide the truck, don't stop for anyone and look over your sholder for the po po's. by law they aren't supose to chase us, they can only get you coming and going. so have good parking and always run.

I hate doing that but it works, and all the few places that are legal suck.
I hear ya man. Problem is, when I got the warning this weekend - I saw the cop sitting by my car an hour before he actually spotted me and hit the siren to flag me down. And the warning was written 90 minutes before that! The dude was PERSISTENT in waiting for me to come out - he could have just written his warning and left. Running had no meaning in that case - he didn't come get me - but he waited a long time.

Quick Reply: Who is from NJ...