Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sticker Removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005 | 08:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sticker Removal

Apparently a pressure washer does it, because my xplorer is now missing the vin number/ build date sticker from the front end [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2005 | 10:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Sticker Removal

118 today. I put my quad outside today and the stickers slid off. Does anyone know how to remove melted stickers from concrete?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2005 | 10:08 PM
|
Range Rover
Default Sticker Removal

Ok thanks for all the suggestions, I took the hair dryer to the one on top of the gas tank and boy it peeled right off like a champ! Feeling confident at this point I started heating up one of the stickers on the fender (hmmm...it seems a little thinner than the other one) and did it peel, fall or slide off? NOOOO! I picked and picked my way through it, it was a big pain! Glad I started with one of the smaller ones. Now, how many of you guys with all your great ideas have actually used them?! I'm scared to attempt removing any more of those this warning stickers on the fenders. Some of those larger ones look like an all day project if they come off anything like the other one...
Andy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2005 | 11:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Sticker Removal

Welcome to the real world of sticker removal. I picked for days. A good hair dryer is best. I used some adhesive and caulk remover from Home Depot and the decals just bubbled up and came off. It's tough stuff so be careful not to get it on anything else. Usually you just end up with some glue that mineral spirits should remove. Don't forget what the decal said so that you can be a safe rider.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2005 | 11:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sticker Removal

The day i brought it home from the dealer i let it sit in the sun and they peeled right off no problem!!!!!!!10-15 minute TOPS.

Old 08-31-2005 | 12:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default Sticker Removal

Originally posted by: Budman650
Welcome to the real world of sticker removal. I picked for days. A good hair dryer is best. I used some adhesive and caulk remover from Home Depot and the decals just bubbled up and came off. It's tough stuff so be careful not to get it on anything else. Usually you just end up with some glue that mineral spirits should remove. Don't forget what the decal said so that you can be a safe rider.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Don't say the T word, they take advantage of you with free advertising!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2005 | 12:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Sticker Removal

118 today. I put my quad outside today and the stickers slid off. Does anyone know how to remove melted stickers from concrete?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
LOL...sad, but I'm sure it's unfortunately true...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2005 | 01:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default Sticker Removal

Originally posted by: tyler711
Don't say the T word, they take advantage of you with free advertising!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

This forum isn't free to keep up and the the link to polaris benifits the board. Unless your a supporting member you should use tough as much as possable tough tough tough tough tough tough tough tough. Even us supporters should use it and everybody should click on it every once in a while. Nothing in this world is free. Polaris pays the board web master for the tough advertisement. That's just the tough reality in todays tough economy.

Old 08-31-2005 | 02:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default Sticker Removal

Originally posted by: ScramaDamaDingDong
Originally posted by: tyler711

This forum isn't free to keep up and the the link to polaris benifits the board. Unless your a supporting member you should use tough as much as possable tough tough tough tough tough tough tough tough. Even us supporters should use it and everybody should click on it every once in a while. Nothing in this world is free. Polaris pays the board web master for the tough advertisement. That's just the tough reality in todays tough economy.
I was just kidding, man. I click on every sponsor's ad here in the hopes that even if I don't buy anything some money will come back to the Connection.

Old 08-31-2005 | 02:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default Sticker Removal

I used a heat gun and some WD-40. it took a while to come off, but that could be because it was 50 degrees outside and it was raining [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Sticker Removal