Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Re-Jetting??? (predator)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-Jetting??? (predator)

Just bought a K&N filter and a pure polaris pipe. Went riding today and when i hit the powerband it sounded like it was missing should i re-jet if so what size should i go 2?????? If u guys hav any other suggestions that would be GREAT.

Old 08-27-2005, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

I kept the factory jetting with K&N and a Yoshi..I rode it for 10-15 hrs and checked the plug and it was mint...I dont have any poping on hard deacceleration or any flat spots in the powerband either.

I will (on the suggestion of these forum members) move the clip down one position.

Old 08-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

i didnt check the plug yet i'll do that 2marrow. Move what clip down one position???????

Old 08-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

Needle jet clip down one position..have not done that yet..I'm sure its like all other Mikuni's and on the top of the carb..

Old 08-28-2005, 05:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

Is it a drop in or a clamp on?

Old 08-28-2005, 06:50 AM
Pro Rider

It's a clamp on, the missing/flat spot only happens at the top end of the power band. Is it maybe the way the machine performs when it's looking for the next gear? I'm going to put it back to stock today and see what happens, it didn't do prior to the K&N and pipe.

Old 08-28-2005, 10:04 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

If you did not rejet, you need to. heatseeker8 is right you need to move the clip down. And you will need to drill the brass plug out, so you can get to the air screw. The air screw needs to be turned in all the way, and turn it back out 3 1/2 turns. I think mine was turned out 3 from stock. You will also need to cut 4 coils off the spring, this will let the slide open faster. This is what Doug does on his carb mods. The spring is in the top of the carb where the needle is. I had a Rath Racing K&N intake system, and did not like it.........The twin air works alot better then the K&N. You will get alot better trottle response with the twin air. If you can get the extra cash get one and see if you like it. Good luck, I still get on here every now and then since the Pred is gone. You can also go here and ask questions, they will help you out also.

Old 08-28-2005, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

Put it back to stock this morning, and it was fine, lost power without the K&N and the exhaust, but it didn't miss or have that flat spot. Now the question is what size jets and which ones? What brand? I see Dyno Jet has them but in different sizes I have the stock jet size from Polaris, should I go larger or smaller? Any help would be great.

Old 08-28-2005, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider

I cant tell you which size to put in but you should buy the next three sizes larger and start with the biggest one and go from there. Better off starting to rich than to lean. You were sputtering on top becuause you werent getting enough fuel at full throttle. yu were running to lean. By the way get the extra disks for the pure polaris pipe and go with 12 disks on the end. It will really maximize that exhaust. I have pp pipe and a drop in k&n and didnt have to rejet at all but with the clamp on you will have to. They come a little rich from the factory so you may only need to go up one size.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

when i did that mod way back when(when bran new) i used a 160 or a 165 main jet,for the winter i put a 50 pilot jet,also do what RAJ said he's right.

Quick Reply: Re-Jetting??? (predator)