Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Buying a polaris atv with there financing, how hard is it?

Old 08-29-2005, 02:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a polaris atv with there financing, how hard is it?

Im going to look into getting a predator tuesday, and was just curiouse how hard it is to get financing? do you think if i only have decent credit rating it would be easier to get a 4k$ persoanl loan and buy a used bike? I can get a cosigner, im 19 and bring about 12000 after taxes a year home.

what do you all think?
wade

Old 08-29-2005, 02:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would give it a try at the dealer if you think you can get it paid off in a couple of years. that interest will kill ya if you don't. Anyway, try that and the worst thing they can do is tell you no...they didn't even run my credit when I got mine...

Old 08-29-2005, 02:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

So you got your loan and they didnt run your credit?

pretty sweet i guess, Im going to try to get it tuesday when they open.

wade

Old 08-29-2005, 05:25 AM
Range Rover

They apporved me the day that I turned 18 without a co-signer. It only took about 2 minutes to run the credit check. What I did is I got their 2 year with the lower payments and lower interest. If I don't have it paid in the 2 years the interest goes up, but I figure if I don't have it paid for I could always go get another loan from my bank to pay off Polaris.

TY

Old 08-29-2005, 07:31 AM
Pro Rider

At the beginning of this year they told me I needed a cosigner because I didn't have credit long enough. But just last weekend I was approved through Polaris. I'll be 20 in a month.

If you don't have a long enough credit history they might not let you do it alone, but as long as your cosigner has good credit then you're all set.

Okay, call me stupid, but the Polaris 6.9% APR is the interest yearly right? So, at the end of each year they add 6.9% interest to my remaining balance, correct?

Old 08-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

Interest is calculated monthly based on simple interest. At 6.9% basically, you take .575% times the balance and you will pay that amount in interest first and then the rest goes to principle.

Old 08-29-2005, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

i had a ruff time with financing at first,i had no credit,neither bad or good and i went to finance my scrambler just so i could build up some credit.they wouldnt give me a loan without a co-signer,i didnt wanna ask anybody to co-sign so i just went to the bank and got cash and paid that way..a hour after paying cash the dealer called me up telling me to bring all my pay stubs up because he thinks he found a bank to finance me and they wanted me to prove my income.i was self employed at the time and 5 weeks in a row i had stubs showing that i made over $10,000 a week and all the others were atleast $2500 a week,once the lady at the bank seen what i was making she approved my loan right away and the dealer gave me my cash back..the few weeks later i went and financed a $8000 snowmobile without any trouble at all..

Old 08-29-2005, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

wimpywade, if you have a high enough credit score you should be able to get better than 6.9% at a bank. Webopper, um sorry...the polaris financing is nothing more than a credit card...so I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get it without a credit check!

Old 08-29-2005, 09:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, Im not sure what credit I have right now, but considering ive never financed anything the only credit i would have is from a student credit card in my name, then I dont think that I have enough to get it from the bank.

My main concern is right now, that if I need a cosigner, my mother is the only one that would do it, but due to a motorcycle wreck last october my parents filed for bankruptcy.

anyone know if that will screw me in the end?

wade

Old 08-30-2005, 12:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jayri
Webopper, um sorry...the polaris financing is nothing more than a credit card...so I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get it without a credit check!
Do you have any idea how many pre-approved credit cards I get in the mail everyday...without doing a credit check??? I still had to do the paperwork at the dealer for how much money i make, and what kind of bills I have, but they never put it through any of the credit bureau's. Because it's a credit card means absolutely nothing. Now, I will tell you that I'm also not 20-something with a realitively short credit history, so that may of also gone into it. It shouldn't, but maybe it did.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buying a polaris atv with there financing, how hard is it?