Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Buying a polaris atv with there financing, how hard is it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 08:38 AM
2c3
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a polaris atv with there financing, how hard is it?

Originally posted by: Webopper
Originally posted by: jayri
Webopper, um sorry...the polaris financing is nothing more than a credit card...so I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get it without a credit check!
Do you have any idea how many pre-approved credit cards I get in the mail everyday...without doing a credit check??? I still had to do the paperwork at the dealer for how much money i make, and what kind of bills I have, but they never put it through any of the credit bureau's. Because it's a credit card means absolutely nothing. Now, I will tell you that I'm also not 20-something with a realitively short credit history, so that may of also gone into it. It shouldn't, but maybe it did.
believe me, if they took your imformation they checked your credit. i dont care who you are or how much money you make their not stupid. they are required to check your credit. and all those pre-approved credit cards you get in the mail you either have to call and do a credit app or send it in through the mail.

Old 08-30-2005, 02:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2c3
Originally posted by: Webopper
Originally posted by: jayri
Webopper, um sorry...the polaris financing is nothing more than a credit card...so I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get it without a credit check!
Do you have any idea how many pre-approved credit cards I get in the mail everyday...without doing a credit check??? I still had to do the paperwork at the dealer for how much money i make, and what kind of bills I have, but they never put it through any of the credit bureau's. Because it's a credit card means absolutely nothing. Now, I will tell you that I'm also not 20-something with a realitively short credit history, so that may of also gone into it. It shouldn't, but maybe it did.
believe me, if they took your imformation they checked your credit. i dont care who you are or how much money you make their not stupid. they are required to check your credit. and all those pre-approved credit cards you get in the mail you either have to call and do a credit app or send it in through the mail.
Okay, let's straighten this one out. I went through the thing with the dealer in about 15 minutes. I told him that was very quick and asked if he even ran my credit. He said no. Well, I got to thinking about what you guys said, and it didn't make since to me either that they would just hand over keys to a $7000 vehicle without checking that I was at least legit. So, I just ran a credit report myself and there was a credit inquiry at the financing company the day I bought my bike.

I apologize for leading everybody astray on this one. Thanks for keeping me in line...

Brian

Old 08-30-2005, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

Don't sweat it...The good news is that you passed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I own a wireless company and we can check credit in 20-30 seconds. Even though we tell people that we are doing it and they sign a release, they aren't even aware that it happened so quickly.

Old 08-31-2005, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

The dealer himself doesn't run a credit check but you better believe their finance department does. As far as getting a personal loan for 4,000 your interest rate is going to be about 20% without any credit history you might have trouble getting any loan without a co-signer. And since your mom filed bankrupcy her credit score would be worse than yours so that would be no help at all. My advise would be to find a girl friend that makes alot of money and has a good credit score then convince her to co-sign for you. There are plenty of older women looking for young pups just look around a little bit. So wade did you go to the dealer today? how'd it go?

Old 08-31-2005, 02:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah I went into the dealer today, he pretty much told me without a good credit score I had no chance of getting the loan through there place, he did give me an invoice and I took it to my bank, (hapo community credit union) and got a loan app processed, should know by thursday at the latest they said, im not keeping hopes up that I will get it, but they did say that they would tell me how much I could be approved for, the lady said it would be around 3000, at least that is what she figured, but there are a few nice ds-650's at a dealer i know of, one of them is set up with all the suspension redone to my weight already, and it has highrise bars, ( at 6'3 and 330#'s im no small chump) I may end up putting some money on it to hold it, and then in a month or so going and buyin it, but i wont know till tommorow or thursday.

wade