Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

outlaw 500 release

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 03:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default outlaw 500 release

when will the outlaw be released my dealer said its a limeted edition so they can only order one is this true? or is he just trying to get me to put a down on it right now and if it is when would they be shipped i would hope no later then late september early october what do you guys think?

Old 09-01-2005, 03:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

tis true...

I also heard a rumor that it may be EFI in the future...I would wait tell next year to get one....

Old 09-01-2005, 04:06 AM
Pro Rider

i cant wait any longer i need a new quad the ds is now sold lol i rush into things to fast o well yung kids makin 3500 a month what you gonna do with all that money lol i need a new quad stuck with the dirt bike right now its fun and all but i only use it for mx track i dont like trail riding at my local area with it its to rocky and rutted more fun to ride on a quad imo thats why i want the outlaw i ride rutted rocky verry bumpy trails and there all up or down hill so i think the irs will suit me fine and as for the efi i dont really need that would be nice tho hmmmm efi turbo outlaw thats a arm ripper with a smoth ride

Old 09-01-2005, 06:24 AM
Pro Rider

Nov. is there release time, and it will be limited at first.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider

it is a limited run this year they are only putting out 1500 units when we tried to order one the rep told us no way they already had orders for 1800 units and we were to late how nice every dealer ought to get at least one unit just my thoughts if you can find one and wanna take a chance u better grab it or wait till next year for all the improvements yes there will be changes

Old 09-01-2005, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

It will be Oct 5 when I am out of town and can not go down and get it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2005, 11:45 AM
Trailblazer

you seam to know quite a bit of good information on the outlaw ,do you know if it will have a cooling fan, as this will be important on rough trails and rocks that I would be riding on, also do you know what the stock gearing will be - again some of the trails that I will on in Colorado will be high in altitude ,rough and speed is not always possiable . I thought of a preditor, but I feel for the kind of riding I like to do, the outlaw would be well worth the wait, any imput you would have will be greatly appreciated ,thanks, John

Old 09-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Is there good places to ride by Canon City or Salida in CO. My sister-in-law is the counsler at the high school in Canon City and my in-laws live in Salida?
I think I am going to wait until the 2007's come out, hoping they go to fuel injection, but I think the outlaw is by far the quad to go with. With a mix of MX and trail riding, I don't think you can go wrong. It is really tough for me to take my Predator different places because I am always having to change jets for altitude and a fuel injected bikt would take care of that. The 700 Raptor is FI, but it is not that comfortable to ride!!!

Old 09-18-2005, 09:07 PM
Trailblazer

I put in for the outlaw when it comes in . I have confidence it will be a decent machine even though it's a first year production. at least it has a proven engineand transmission.I have a SPORTSMAN-800 & a 700 King-Quad, they are both 05's and E.F.I.'s they both have been great machines, but as a X-dirt biker, I miss the thrill of a lighter and more responceve machine ,I do wish it were a E.F.I though,as I will be riding in varing altitudes 5000 FT. and above, but the I.R.S. has got to be a great improvement for rough mountain trails here in Colorado, and being able to change the gearing will also be sweet ,this thing will be almost half the weight with close to the same H.P. and sports suspension, got to love it, and worth the wait,"hey" that's a great photo, I put on my desk top- thanks !!!!

Old 09-19-2005, 10:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

I think it is going to be an outstanding trailbike, but I do MX and I just don't know how comfortable I am going to be with the jumps on that machine. I think it will take some geting use too!!! I also told my dealer I wanted the first shot at it when it comes in. They said that was fine. They are not even sure if they are going to get one. They ordered one, but have no arrvial date up to this point, said they may not even get one because of the limited availability. Sounds like it is going to be about $7000 with set up fees.
Have you heard any arrival date on the bike yet?

Quick Reply: outlaw 500 release