Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Anybody cancel Holiday plans due to gas prices?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 01:25 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody cancel Holiday plans due to gas prices?

Originally posted by: ftwflh
It cut out our trip to Badlands going to stay closer to home.

same here 300 miles to badlands or 100 miles to Tama.......... C U in Tama with money in my pocket!!

Old 09-02-2005, 02:04 AM
Trailblazer

IM GETTING 12 MILES A GALLON AND THE GAS HERE IS 3.20, BUT IM STILL GOING TO TENNESSEE FOR THE JAMBOREE

Old 09-02-2005, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

I will be at work , no change for me .

Rick

Old 09-02-2005, 04:53 AM
Trailblazer

I cancelled my trip to Ford field to see the Lions vs Packers. I have gone to one game every year for the last 17 years.... Also to visit my dad & brother. This sucks, it was such a great tradition!!

Old 09-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Budman650
We're still going to Vegas this weekend. It will cost me an extra $45 in gas from my gas guzzling truck. Sad, but it won't stop me from having fun, I'll just have to cut back on beer, maybe. Soon it will keep people from making trips to walmart and businesses and it will affect the entire economy, just wait and hold on. It's only just begun.
...don't forget EVERY consumer item you buy - including food. It's all gotta be delivered by gas and diesel powered vehicles.
I'm sick of people saying now we are paying what the rest of the world is paying. We already pay more in taxes to fund donations and loans (that never get paid back) to other countries. Not to mention military expenses for what goes on around the world. People forget - it isn't the "government" paying for that - it's YOU and ME.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

We were going to leave this afternoon to go North, but we axed it, going to stay home. Just not worth the hastle.
at $4.00 gallon it would cost me $128.00 TO FILL UP MY 32 GALLON TANK.
And I would need to do that at least 2 times round trip. Its not worth it.

Old 09-02-2005, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider

I was at wal mart and lowes today. Both places was deserted. It was like a ghost town. Its already starting to hurt.

Old 09-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

This whole gas thing is crap . Some one explan this to me . If only 4 present of the oil/fuel comes from the gulf how can it go up over nite. Thousands of people in these states that got hit by this huricane are under water. Now how are they going to drive their cars/lawnmowwers/atvs/boats and other gas using ideams if there ruined. They aren't using the gas. it'S ALL A SCAM TO ROB US FOR MONEY. TWO DAYS LATER AND WE ARE OVER PAYING FOR GAS. come on now,the gas stations across the us didn't all emty there tank in a day.

this is bull!!!

Old 09-02-2005, 03:23 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Fixitmatt
This whole gas thing is crap . Some one explan this to me . If only 4 present of the oil/fuel comes from the gulf how can it go up over nite. Thousands of people in these states that got hit by this huricane are under water. Now how are they going to drive their cars/lawnmowwers/atvs/boats and other gas using ideams if there ruined. They aren't using the gas. it'S ALL A SCAM TO ROB US FOR MONEY. TWO DAYS LATER AND WE ARE OVER PAYING FOR GAS. come on now,the gas stations across the us didn't all emty there tank in a day.

this is bull!!!
Exxon reported their biggest profit quarter ever last quarter - somewhere in the vicinity of $7 billion (that is with a "B"). Hmm, simple economics tells me that if their profit went up that excessively (especially with no cost cutting, restructuring, etc.), it is coming out of someone's pocket. Does the market drive this? Sure it does. To this extent, no. Should prices go up, you bet. But this is largely being used as a crutch to prop the prices up higher than they should be. And it frightens me that the Pres. appears to be watching the house burn with no concrete plans.

Old 09-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Royalty Rider

The prices of gas arent going to cause me to cancel my plans. I figure... whats an extra $20 for a lifetime of memories. You only live once, and sometimes money is just money.

Quick Reply: Anybody cancel Holiday plans due to gas prices?