Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Anybody cancel Holiday plans due to gas prices?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody cancel Holiday plans due to gas prices?

Originally posted by: dancingqueen
The prices of gas arent going to cause me to cancel my plans. I figure... whats an extra $20 for a lifetime of memories. You only live once, and sometimes money is just money.
The extra cost isn't going to stop us from visiting our daughter. There are some people less fortunate than you and me and that $20 goes a long way. I think you will see those people driving less. No more going out to eat or going to the movies.

Old 09-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Royalty Rider

Originally posted by: Budman650
There are some people less fortunate than you and me and that $20 goes a long way.
Hell, I know exacatly what your talking about! Im a broke college student, $20 bucks can go along way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

We are staying local this weekend.

Basicly in conservation mode, whether is be gas, cash, or whatever.

Old 09-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Range Rover

I aint driving anywhere.
I have to drive 150 miles a day when I'm working and that's enough.
I'd like to add that I gave $$$ to the tsunami victims, but now that gas is > $3.00 a gallon, I aint got **** to spare for the folks in New Orleans. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Range Rover

I sure did, was supposed to go camping with the family, but there's NO WAY I'm going to spend 80-100 dollars in gas just to get there and back. I'm taking a stand, and hopefully everyone will to and show the Canadian and American Govt's enough is enough, most of the cost of gas is profit for them. I'm so sick of being ripped off.
In Canada especially we have to travel large distances from city to city, not like Europe where there are towns all in close proximity. Sure we don't need to be driving V6 or V8 vehicles, but you do need something to towe your ATV right, what car can do it safely especially 2 atv's.

Another thing, why aren't we burning Etanol, the technology is there, because our GOVT's are reaping in the PROFITS that's why.

Old 09-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

Still going to the hills this weekend but it sure will put a damper on riding frequency for sure.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] And this is the best time of year to ride too.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

today inline for fule, the guy infront of me was complaing about the price of fuel, but he was sipping on a big starbucks mochacrappachino that cost .59 cents to make and sells for 5.99. I felt like slapping him.

Old 09-02-2005, 06:03 PM
Trailblazer

Gas prices here in florida are not going up here still under $3 due to state of emergency, however the stations are running out and bagging up the pumps. I almost couldnt get home from work today due to the hording of gass down here. I had to cancel a family trip to the Carolinas so we dont get stranded between here and there. Stupid people down here have been topping off for days in a panic and the stations couldnt keep up with the demand.

Old 09-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

Dancingqueen, Nice pics. Your jeep is awesome. Yellow is the way to go. Nice tires, do you like it.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mfvii
today inline for fule, the guy infront of me was complaing about the price of fuel, but he was sipping on a big starbucks mochacrappachino that cost .59 cents to make and sells for 5.99. I felt like slapping him.
LMFAO! Yea, how much is that **** per gallon!

Quick Reply: Anybody cancel Holiday plans due to gas prices?