Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris 325 full throttle and nothing happens

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polaris 325 full throttle and nothing happens

ok, i went to my dealer for some parts today and asked him about this. he said the oil coming from the vent tube is normal. check your air filter to see if it's oil soaked. turn your gas valve off and run it until the bowl on the carb is empty. then run it for a while to see if works itself clean. if that doesn't work pull the carb take it apart and clean it out.

Old 09-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

I have been doing this for a living apparently since before some of you were born judging from your posts.

There is no need to take the whole four wheeler apart just to work on the carb.

If that is how YOU like to do things that is fine but most people like to do it the easy way.

Old 09-23-2005, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

Get back to work then and stay off the computer. Fifty bucks an hour and chatting on the computer. Wish I had a job like that.

Old 09-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Knowing the carb on a 325 is directly under the gas tank, and all the plastice that has to removed to get to it, I'd love to hear your step by step for this process.

Old 09-23-2005, 10:33 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: duneaholic
Get back to work then and stay off the computer. Fifty bucks an hour and chatting on the computer. Wish I had a job like that.
Hey Shawn cut the guy some slack he is a newbie in these forums!But some of his advice is close to the money at times.He just needs to learn how to express himself better.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-23-2005, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Old 09-23-2005, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Shawn cut the guy some slack he is a newbie in these forums!But some of his advice is close to the money at times.He just needs to learn how to express himself better.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][/quote]

OK. I guess?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 09-23-2005, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

As I said before I do this for a living. When I give advice it comes from working on Polaris ATV's on almost a daily basis since about 1992.

I worked at a dealership for about eight years and now I am self employed. I work on import cars and trucks and ATV's and I make a good living doing good work at HONEST and fair prices. For what I read here I do some work and do it correctly for less than 1/4 of what some of the dealers are charging some of you.

I offer good advice to anyone that wishes to hear the correct info. If you wish to read BS then feel free to take "advice" from some of the 13 year olds on this board.

And if I offend some of you you just need to get over it. For every kid I offend I offer real help to many others who need correct advice.

Old 09-24-2005, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

There is a better way to go about giving someone advice than insulting them, then giving your advice. Come on man we are all trying to work together to help one another out. We don't need you insulting everyone you disagree with. It's just plain common courtesy not to act the way you do. And by the way me and Scootergptx are far from being teenagers.

Sorry Zoom545 for turning your thread into a argument. Hopefully you'll get your friends bike going again.

Old 09-24-2005, 12:29 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I do apologize about the fenders. You don't have to take them off, but for five minutes of your time, it does allow better access to the valve caps. I don't doubt your exptertise, but do know from personal experience what a pain Polaris made it to get to the carb. As for doing this since I was born, three wheelers weren't even around, and you should have retired in June. You do have some good advice, just don't blow off every reply as useless. Enough about us, lets just help the guy out.
(cue the "Why Can't We Be Friends" music and fade)

Quick Reply: polaris 325 full throttle and nothing happens