Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

crankshaft seperating on 700/800EFI

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crankshaft seperating on 700/800EFI

Guy"s I witnessed this Friday at repair shop..the crankshaft seperated on a 05 700EFI and a 05 800EFI.....common denominator each had less than a half a quart of oil in them when torn down..Id bet this led to that what do ya think..Ive asked on the forum here and else where about the 2 800"s of mine using a little between changes with everybody saying no theres didnt.I came across this post from Awdowden:
(" But Polaris uses two different Syntetic 0-40w. One is for the automatics and the PS-4 is for the Predators/Outlaw. ")

You know I wonder if this is so this could be my problem..my dealer sold me only the PS4 my first 2 changes( Guy"s I only go 600 miles before I change)
I bought oil and filters yesterday from him and no PS4 but a nother polaris oil with "for ATV and Ranger wrote on the bottle..black bottle black cap....oil before blue bottle green cap.....can anybody verify what AWdowden has posted here...Ill jump fro joy if this true,and Ill pay a visit to my dealer also and have a nice friendly chat....

Old 10-30-2005, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Perky
Guy"s I witnessed this Friday at repair shop..the crankshaft seperated on a 05 700EFI and a 05 800EFI.....common denominator each had less than a half a quart of oil in them when torn down..Id bet this led to that what do ya think..Ive asked on the forum here and else where about the 2 800"s of mine using a little between changes with everybody saying no theres didnt.I came across this post from Awdowden:
(" But Polaris uses two different Syntetic 0-40w. One is for the automatics and the PS-4 is for the Predators/Outlaw. ")

You know I wonder if this is so this could be my problem..my dealer sold me only the PS4 my first 2 changes( Guy"s I only go 600 miles before I change)
I bought oil and filters yesterday from him and no PS4 but a nother polaris oil with "for ATV and Ranger wrote on the bottle..black bottle black cap....oil before blue bottle green cap.....can anybody verify what AWdowden has posted here...Ill jump fro joy if this true,and Ill pay a visit to my dealer also and have a nice friendly chat....
i change my oil about every 250 miles....its never goes low though....if the guys that separted their crankshaft were low on oil, that would be the problem since the sportsman only takes 2 quarts....i check it everytime before i ride and i mean every time

Old 10-30-2005, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

ELK BOW if I f this be the case im gonna have a real good talk with my dealer who says everythings normal till ya get within a foot of him and he says he"ll look into it...man I love theses 800"s just wish I had a better Represntitve to deal with other than a movinem out the door kind....they need to sell thembut you need to take care of the buyers too and answering legit questions isnt asking to much Elk....I coulda save 2 grand driving to Chattanooga and I sure wish the heck I had now they said here that they wouldnt work on anything from there ,hell they wont work on what they sell unless you raise cane...