Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

what jet kit ?? for 05 scrambler??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what jet kit ?? for 05 scrambler??

Just bought a new white brothers exhaust and just wondering if anyone can tell me what jet kit to order ?? (dyna jet ??jets are us ??etc thanx for the help

Old 11-21-2005, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the white bortheres pipe doesn;t need a jet change unless you add aditional discs to the system.

Jet kits are kind of a rip off for the average enthusiast and more so on a 4 stoke. unless you plan on deing serious mods or jetting perfect and adjusting your jetting for altitude and temp most people will just buy one jet and be done at the most two.

Old 11-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

Now Conig is right on the jetting with the WB muffler.I run one and jetting is right on.If you want to rejet I would go with the HPD airbox mod(I am getting this for myelf for Xmas[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])It comes with jets and needles to recalerbrat the carb.

Old 11-22-2005, 03:42 AM
Range Rover

do you know if it can be used with other brands of exhaust?

Old 11-22-2005, 05:45 AM
Trailblazer

hey thanx man wasn't sure about the jetting part i have ridden the quad since the pipe change and the thing runs f-in awesome . I guess i am just worried that i am gonna mess something up . I do have a k&n air filter and have modded up my air box, I have just always heard that when you do the mods that i have done you have to rejet . But the thing is all torque now

Old 11-22-2005, 07:46 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

A 500 Scrambler IS about all torque[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2005, 02:03 PM
Trailblazer

hey thanx for your help. I don't mean to beat this to death but even with the mods that i have done to my air box and the k&n and the pipe you still don't think i need to rejet ???

Old 11-22-2005, 06:06 PM
Quad Patrol

what have you done to the air box?If you dont recalibrate the slide and needle you may not get the vacum needed to make the carb work right.These CV carbs need vacum to work so modding the airbox is not a good idea unless you go with a complete tested airbox mod kit.

Old 11-30-2005, 11:58 AM
Trailblazer

I saw your reply to the topic of jetting....I have an 05 scrambler with a clutch kit installed....I love it...But I would love to add a pipe and not rejet. I suck mechanically, so I do not want to get to crazy with mods. If I went with a WB pipe, you mention I would not have to rejet. Would I need a new air filter (still running stock) or a air box mod? Would I still get a pop out of the bike with just the pipe? Also, would you recomend a slip on pipe or the entire exhaust. Any info would really be appreciated as I am fairly new to this.

Have a good holiday season
steve

Old 11-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Trailblazer

i really like the white brothers e series it seems to give me that extra snap. But as for rejetting i am still in the trial stage so i can keep you posted i you like

Quick Reply: what jet kit ?? for 05 scrambler??