Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

predator vs. yfz

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 07:19 PM
dvx
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default predator vs. yfz

what is a better all around quad? what would win in a drag race stock vs. stock? ive heard a variety of opinions from my buddies now i want the truth. i think ill go with the predator for my type of riding which is alot of trails some open fields and just messing around on dirt piles and jumps in my case reverse would be the best thing since i find myself stuck in tight positions alot. im thinking the pred.

drag race winner? and what would be a better all around quad for my type of riding? dose the weight really matter? since the pred weighs more than the yfz?

-Thanks for the posts-

Old 11-22-2005, 08:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default predator vs. yfz

as far as im conserned, the pred is the better quad. i know alot will differ from me because the only reason they say the YFZ is better because its a tad faster.

but, i look at a wide spectrum of things.

as for drag racing, it really depends on the riders strength, if you had the same rider to 3 time trials on the quads the YFZ will come out on top, but not by much, the pred might be a little heavy, but its quick.

for your type of riding id deffently take the pred because all of it that it comes with out of the box, the fox shocks are amazing, not as good as Elka's but there up there.

if you really look at it, the pred has a very stout and powerfull motor and is only 60 pounds heavier than the YFZ. the pred will win every time stock for stock in the woods, once you start tearing into the motor, the real power comes out and you'll see what seperates the pred from the others.