Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris 700 efi jumping into 4 wheel drive?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005 | 02:31 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Polaris 700 efi jumping into 4 wheel drive?

floodrunner

Did you have to change your fuel mixture when you added 800 exhaust and white brothers header ( I have this on my 700 also)

I installed a dyno jet tuner on mine dont think it is doing a thing for me

Old 11-25-2005 | 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

Well, you got it a little backwards (White bros exhaust, 800 header and intake) but no, I haven’t changed the “fuel mixture” yet. I’m considering installing a “re-mapping module” either by DynoJet or Techlusion. Still researching the idea right now. There’s not a whole lot you can do to the factory EFI that isn’t best-guess with un-documentable results unless you have lots of sophisticated equipment at your disposal.

Oooops, after I posted I just noticed your last line, that you’re using the DynoJet. Not much for results? It looks to me like you could remap forever with that unit, the posibilites are endless. That kind of infinite ability to make changes can work against you unless you’re REALLY into keeping track of a baseline and documenting the results of map changes. For that you need access to a dyno, at least.

The Techlusion unit is simpler and has received some good reviews by users. Sure, you can’t adjust cylinders individually, but I don’t want to. I just want more power I can feel in my thumb and the seat of my pants.

Old 11-25-2005 | 03:11 PM
|
Trailblazer

floodrunner

Yes your right I am backwards most of the time. (To much going on a once) I just wont to thank you for your help with this and offer my opinion on the Dyno Jet after 2 months of messing with this I think it is a white elephant there was no noticeable difference In performance or throttle response
If you are still wonting to try it have one for sale...............!!

Old 11-25-2005 | 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

Hahaha, well I’ll keep your offer in mind but that’s hardly a glowing product endorsement! In fact, your experience has me leaning heavily toward the Techlusion unit if I decide to add a module.

I guess if I had one on there that wasn’t doing anything I’d jettison it as useless junk too.

Old 11-26-2005 | 03:27 AM
Pro Rider

I just smoked my front diff tonite for the second time, see my thread for details, keep in touch,. There has to be a design flaw or at least a way to bypass the AWD.

Old 11-26-2005 | 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

I bought a new 05 700efi this weekend an was told not to run in 2wd an spin the tire over 30mph cause the front will engage an cause damage.That 30 mph faster then the fronts

Old 11-27-2005 | 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

another thing you oculd do is CHANGE THAT FLUID its CHEAP... if you put your atv in nutral with the key in the off position... pull the parking brake tight hold the override button for 5 seconds and then turn the key (while holding the button) to the on position without starting the motor... this will bring u to a dionostic setup... it will tell you how many volts you battery is putting out off... start you machine without turning the key the the off and it will tell you how many volts running

Old 11-27-2005 | 08:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Polaris500HO4x4
another thing you oculd do is CHANGE THAT FLUID its CHEAP... if you put your atv in nutral with the key in the off position... pull the parking brake tight hold the override button for 5 seconds and then turn the key (while holding the button) to the on position without starting the motor... this will bring u to a dionostic setup... it will tell you how many volts you battery is putting out off... start you machine without turning the key the the off and it will tell you how many volts running
that's cool! .....but how do you exit diagnostics afterwards?

Old 11-27-2005 | 08:26 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mtpockets
Originally posted by: Polaris500HO4x4another thing you oculd do is CHANGE THAT FLUID its CHEAP... if you put your atv in nutral with the key in the off position... pull the parking brake tight hold the override button for 5 seconds and then turn the key (while holding the button) to the on position without starting the motor... this will bring u to a dionostic setup... it will tell you how many volts you battery is putting out off... start you machine without turning the key the the off and it will tell you how many volts running
that's cool! .....but how do you exit diagnostics afterwards?
To exit diagnostics turn the key off....

Old 11-27-2005 | 11:36 AM
|
Trailblazer

Thanks for all the help guys, I have spent all weekend researching this and have came to the conclusion that it is not an electrical problem the battery is in good shape and charged up. I believe that there is a problem with the front differential weather it is necessary to change out the centralized Hilliard clutch system (the new upgraded one from Polaris) or not is any ones guess. Well, I guess I will be the ginny pig I cant stand the front end kicking in like it is, it cant be good for it............
I will post the results when it is complete

Quick Reply: Polaris 700 efi jumping into 4 wheel drive?