Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris ATP 4x4 330E just landed in FINLAND

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris ATP 4x4 330E

Hello Polaris riders!
I just (last week) bought my Polaris and would like to ask what kind of feelings you old owners have got from that?
Anyway I like to know if it has any tricks for starting without heating system when wheater is from -10 to -30 below zero by Celcius. In wintertime we have here as cold as you have in Alaska, I think so.
If it has something what I must look very often or somethig special, please let me know.
Your pages here are very fine, I`ll visit here as a quest in the future.
Sorry of my mistakes, my skills in this lanquage are not very good.
And remember to be kind, because Santa Claus is already filling his sledge (in Lappland, Finland)and will skip you if you cannot be good person for others, you know.

"Forward, said grandmama in deep snow"

Old 11-28-2005, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris ATP 4x4 330E

The "E" in you'r quad's name means that it is a quadricycle, correct? With turn signals and other accessories? Very cool.

About the cold weather-- I've started my Sportsman 400 in very cold weather, -35* F (about -37C). It started fine, but the battery won't hold up to much cranking at that temperature. Your quad has a pull start, correct? That will come in handy if you leave the key on or try to start it without the choke and kill the battery.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:31 AM
Range Rover
Default Polaris ATP 4x4 330E just landed in FINLAND

Wow ! There is finally another ATP 330 owner on this site. Glad to here it. I dont think there is many owners on this site. I have an 04 that my wife rides here in the states. We love it. It doesn't keep up with my SP 700, though it is good for her. If there is any mods you are thinking about doing, you can private message me, we have done a bunch... good luck...

Old 11-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the forum! Like tyler said, I’d be concerned about the battery at that temp. They aren’t very big and don’t have much “reserve” power. I suggest you keep the battery plugged into a “float” type maintenance charger when you're not riding. Yuasa makes about the best out there and theirs even comes with a 2-prong plug that connects to your battery. On our machines I just let the plug hang out on the clutch cover below the body plastic. When I want to connect the charger and the battery in it’s just a matter of connecting the 2 plugs together. Very fast, easy and convenient and it really helps in cold weather.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: floodrunner
Welcome to the forum! Like tyler said, I’d be concerned about the battery at that temp. They aren’t very big and don’t have much “reserve” power. I suggest you keep the battery plugged into a “float” type maintenance charger when you're not riding. Yuasa makes about the best out there and theirs even comes with a 2-prong plug that connects to your battery. On our machines I just let the plug hang out on the clutch cover below the body plastic. When I want to connect the charger and the battery in it’s just a matter of connecting the 2 plugs together. Very fast, easy and convenient and it really helps in cold weather.
Very good suggestion.

He told me that he has no electricity at his hunting cabin, so maybe a spare battery could help him out? I have found that when the battery is completely dead, even the pull start does not work (like trying to roll-start a manual tranny car with a completely dead battery, doesnt work). But the pull start works fine when there isn't enough power to run the starter.

Another thing to look at are those little portable 12v jump start batteries. Even the ones that charge your battery for a few minutes would do fine (they are much smaller than the full sized jump start units).

Ty

Old 11-30-2005, 04:21 AM
Range Rover

Thank you pals so much for your good wises.
I understand now, that biggest troubles are empty battery and water what goes inside empty fueltank and everywhere else inside motor. Water and cold wheater together means freezeng and problems. Wintertime you must drive more than 10 minutes drives that all the places can get dry.

I like the style of your sites, very much interesting to look. It only takes a lot of time. Wife likes, "what hell a you doing again there, you have sat there 4 hours, stop now". " Yes yes, wait a second" and same again after next 4 hours, sick. Yes it is.

Old 11-30-2005, 07:09 AM
Pro Rider

Hehehe, well you’re among friends here Bastardo, just plug your ears and keep typing!

Old 11-30-2005, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BastardoGrande
Thank you pals so much for your good wises.
I understand now, that biggest troubles are empty battery and water what goes inside empty fueltank and everywhere else inside motor. Water and cold wheater together means freezeng and problems. Wintertime you must drive more than 10 minutes drives that all the places can get dry.

I like the style of your sites, very much interesting to look. It only takes a lot of time. Wife likes, "what hell a you doing again there, you have sat there 4 hours, stop now". " Yes yes, wait a second" and same again after next 4 hours, sick. Yes it is.

Ah, but you are learning. Always a good argument!

Old 12-02-2005, 07:27 PM
Range Rover

Nice to hear that some1 says; you´re learning something new. Maybe it´s not late now, at school it was impossible.

Old 12-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BastardoGrande
Nice to hear that some1 says; you´re learning something new. Maybe it´s not late now, at school it was impossible.
I find that I learn ten times as much on the internet than I learn at school. I can learn about quads, math, or religion on message boards. And I play online games to help improve my French. The internet is a great thing.