Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris 800 sound and power upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 10:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polaris 800 sound and power upgrades

Hey guys, I'm new in here. I like this forum about as much as the highlifter forum. But anyways I was wondering if you guys had any sound clips of a piped 6, 7, 800 polaris? And how much power would i gain if i gutted the stock pipes with a 2.5 inch outlet, power commander, K&N, and epi clucth kit?

Old 11-30-2005, 07:29 AM
Trailblazer

Come on can't some one help me out?

Old 11-30-2005, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry dude... looks like nobody has any sound bites... as for horsepower? i'm only familiar with the two 500 motors, (the 500HO and the pred motor) but if i use a calculator to scale up the approximation for my motor... i'd anticipate probably about 6 horse. the porblem is that the motor needs some back pressure to function correctly and not burn valves. plus, taking off back pressure gives you more high end revvy power, but it comes at the expense of low-end muscle. K&N filters are typically good for .5-1.5HP. The Power Commander, i'm not precisely sure... hope someone else can help you with that... however, not sure the exhaust mods are too good of an idea... guess it depends on your riding style. Also, i've heard great things about a Dalton clutch kit, and not so much about the EPI... use dalton sping in my scrambler's primary, and i liked the results... coupled w/ my Team Roller clutch, can't be beat [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] hope that stuff helps... BTW, typically, the board is much more helpful with questions, hope this call back brings the thread back to life. enjoy the forums [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-30-2005, 05:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

alright so...

in a stock setting, a AAEN exhuast for the 800 would bump the power to 56 horsepower

www.aaenperformance.com

there are parts starting to come out for the 800, but companys are just so damn slow. Hotseat has a new performance Cam out for the 800 that REALLY improves power, so much to the point the clutch had to be improved just to be able to ride it. they also have a Dual Exhuast set coming out, when i dont know, but it should be out soon, check/post in the speedwerx section.

www.hotseatperformance.com

as far as your set up, you dont need a clutch kit unless you have larger tires, the 800 clutch is the very best clutch ever made from the factory, and litterally cant be improved any more unless you up your tire size.

a power commander, K&N and exhuast would really improve the 800's power, you'd need to custom map the power commander for your set up, which would be a little tricky, but would work, i would say your looking at atleast 60 horsepower if its tweeked right, which is what the BRP 800 H.O. has.

any other questions or comments feel free to ask.

Old 11-30-2005, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer

So about the cam. Can the dealer install it and how much would it cost to do it. How much horse power would hotseats duals, powercommander, K&N, and cams give me?

Old 11-30-2005, 07:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the cam is $399.00, but they give a $100 core refund if you send them your cam. and yes your dealer can install it. as far as your dealer cost, you'll have to look that up with your dealer, they basicly have to take all the plastics off, the tank and the airbox and remove the cyl. head, ect.

with the cam, hotseat's duals, K&N, and a power commander propperly mapped and tuned on a Dyno, i would look at 70 Horses, i cant give you an exact though as the duals arnt out yet, and the cams arnt power documented yet.

Old 11-30-2005, 08:53 PM
Trailblazer

What if i just drill out the baffles with a 2.5-3 inch hole out the back. Wouldn't that work just as good without paying an arm and a leg for true duals that possibly dont give max horsepower.

Old 11-30-2005, 09:52 PM
Trailblazer

Drilling = big problems, Dont do it this will only cost more in the long run (DO IT WRIGHT OR DON'T DO IT)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-30-2005, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

drilling it out helped on my sp700.I did it three years ago.look at my pictures. Pic #11

Old 11-30-2005, 10:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Jordo, your still only technicly running a single exhuast with bad flow, the seccond muffler uses a cross-over tube from the first mufflers houseing, its not true duals. you'd have better luck selling the stock muffler set on Ebay then drilling them out and makeing them look like ****

Quick Reply: polaris 800 sound and power upgrades