Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

800efi hiccup

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 02:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 800efi hiccup

Just curious if anyone has had or heard of this problem with the 05 sportsman 800efi. About a second or two after I give the machine full throttle from a stop or a slow roll there is a miss or "hiccup" (in high range). It almost seems like it isn't getting gas for a split second and then it is fine through the rest of the powerband. It has only 13 hours on it and I'm not real happy about it. Took it to my dealer and the servcie tech test drove it and thankfully was able to replicate the problem. He then re-mapped it to an 06 and changed the plugs. Brought it home and test drove it, only to discover the problem wasn't solved. Called the dealer again and said he would have to call the tech line...he had know idea what the problem was. He told me to fill up the tank and see if I could narrow down when the problem occurs...all the time under full acceleration. Dealer didn't get back to me for 1week, called again and they said to drop off machine so they could start trouble-shooting it. I don't want to bash my dealer yet, but they don't seem sympathetic to my problem, all I got was; it might be a while we are busy getting snowmobiles tuned, a slight attitude like I was bothering them, and some sarcastic comments like(I don't see how you can give it full throttle without flipping over). Any help or insight is appreciated.

05 sportsman 800efi

Old 12-02-2005, 08:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 800efi hiccup

ive never heard of it, and im sorry i cant help you, but it looks like you need a new dealer

Old 12-02-2005, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default 800efi hiccup

Did u ever check to see at what RMP your engine is at when it hiccups

Old 12-02-2005, 02:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 800efi hiccup

Originally posted by: spyder6
ive never heard of it, and im sorry i cant help you, but it looks like you need a new dealer
i read this comment so offen! ARE there any GOOD Polaris Dealers?..........................

~MT

Old 12-02-2005, 02:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 800efi hiccup

Originally posted by: potter
a slight attitude like I was bothering them, and some sarcastic comments like(I don't see how you can give it full throttle without flipping over). i
yea, that is a pretty sarcastic comment. no place for that in a professional environment.
~MT

Old 12-02-2005, 04:41 PM
Range Rover
Default 800efi hiccup

Look back on the posts as will I . I believe someone else had this problem .

Old 12-02-2005, 05:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 800efi hiccup

MT,

there are alot of very good dealers, mine is one of them, theres just saddly very few of them, which really adds to polaris' not so fantastic rep

Old 12-02-2005, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default 800efi hiccup

Sounds like your hitting the rev limiter. Mine did it with stock tires, and now with the bigger tires it stopped. Watch your tac when you hit the throttle.If it happens right around 6200 rpms that is your problem.

Old 12-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 800efi hiccup

The hiccup occurs at the beginning of the powerband before the rpm's build. I have driven it in low and hit the limiter...this problem is totally different. Yeah, I thought I was dealing with a good dealer. You would think fixing a new machine for a loyal customer would be top priority. I'm trying to keep my composure.

Old 12-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Trailblazer
Default 800efi hiccup

I would check for broken wires leading to your engine sensors - T-BAP, Injectors, Temp, Ignition Coil or TPS. You'll have to perform continuity tests on each wire b/c the conductors often break inside the insulation with no visible damage.

From the symptoms, I'd start with the T-BAP and TPS sensors. You can also try tugging on the wiring harness near each connector while the bike's running to see if it causes the hiccup.

Your dealer has service parts for each engine sensor connector because of this problem.

Quick Reply: 800efi hiccup