Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris TLD 500

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris TLD 500

How does this particular ATV do against the competition? I am looking at the 500, I am already getting the 90 Predator for my daughter and would like to know likes/dislikes about the polaris. How dependable/reliable is it? I live in Northern NV, so we have a little bit of everything here. Desert,Hills,Mountains, Rock, rain (sometimes), snow, etc. I am very new to this whole scene. So questions like: suspension, handling, menuvering, power, etc... Not looking to purchase until 2-4 months from now.

Old 12-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Polaris TLD 500

the TLD has a great suspention and tranny for tight trails and dragging, remember its a sport quad, if your looking for traction and alot of rider comfort, look into the Scrambler.

but if you know that a sportquad is what you want, the pred is fantastic. best out of the box suspention, stout motor, a TLD can beat a Raptor 660 by a hair and tie with a TRX450R.

for 06 the suposedly increased the horsepower to 52 at the crank. the predator is as relliable as any other manufacturer, but of course, theres always lemons, and polaris seems to make a few more then everyone else.

since your waiting to purchace, i would look into the new Polaris Outlaw which is a Sport quad with IRS, the first of its kind, there suposed to be out in late January, which would be around the time your looking to buy.

check out polaris' website

Old 12-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris TLD 500

I have an 06 LE Pred jsut like Spyder. I have some experience with other quads as well. The Pred is about the best all around trail/sport quad you can get. It's not as fast as the pure race quads (450's) but it has reverse, about the best suspension out (for stock quads) stainless break lines, lifetime axle, and a motor powerful enough to do just about anything. I live in Florida so I can't relate to all the terrain that you will be riding. I mostly do trails, jumps, hill climbs, and tracks. The Pred is very nimble and handles most terrain with ease. If you are going to get one spend the few hundred extra and get the Limited Edition (cross country edition) it has RazrII tires, White Bros pipe, Pro Armor grab bar and bumper. The tires alone are worth the extra cash. I have owned several other quads, but so far the Pred is the best all around quad. The only way I would buy something else is if I decide to strictly race.then it would be a 450. Another quad to look at is the Raptor. it also has reverse and has good power, but it is more narrow and its suspension doesn't compare with the Pred. Adn if you want a comprable quad you would have to shell out big time for rims, tires, axle, stainless lines, bumper, grab bar, and pipe. With the LE Pred you get all that for the price of a stock Raptor. What ever your decision, good luck and welcome to the sport.

Cain

Old 12-06-2005, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris TLD 500

Predators are great quads. Like cain and spyder said, they have tons of aftermarket stuff straight out of the box. The tires are great (especially on the LE) and so is the suspension. They put a lot of attention to detail. I have not met a predator owner who is not happy with it. Only one thing is not right that cain said, they are faster than the pure race quads, not slower. they are not as quick, but they are faster.