Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

X2

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005 | 07:11 AM
|
Range Rover
Default X2

Has anyone heard when (or if) the X2 is going to be available in colors other than red/black and silver/black? Also, since the thing is designed to haul a passenger, have the rear springs been beefed up at all?
Thanks,
Steve

Old 12-08-2005 | 12:16 PM
Range Rover
Default X2

Right now that was the only colors dealers were able to order. I imagine since they are in short supply right now, they're only doing a couple colors. This is speculation, but probably mid-year they will offer some other colors.

The rear springs are heavier than a regular Sportsman. Since it's rated haul 400lbs in the bed, they have to be! Even though it's IRS, it's a completely different rear suspension than the regular Sportsman from springs & shocks to geometery.

Old 12-08-2005 | 01:23 PM
|
Range Rover
Default X2

Thanks, man.
I figured it would make sense that they'd stiffen up the rear end. I may have to look into trading the 600 in for one of those in the Spring. As soon as they start making green or camo ones that is.

Old 12-08-2005 | 08:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default X2

i think a 2-up is a GREAT idea. and i like the idea of 4 wheel engine braking.

i wonder what's taking so long to bring it to market?

i think Polaris should have put the 800EFI in there as well. that's what Bomb did with the Outlander Max.

~MT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2005 | 07:39 AM
|
Range Rover
Default X2

I wouldn't bet against them adding a model with fuel-injected twin in it.
The X2 comes with 4-wheel engine braking now? How did they accomplish that?

Old 12-09-2005 | 10:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default X2

new hillard clutch

Old 12-09-2005 | 11:32 AM
Range Rover
Default X2

Originally posted by: skunksquasher
I wouldn't bet against them adding a model with fuel-injected twin in it.
The X2 comes with 4-wheel engine braking now? How did they accomplish that?
The X2 was supposed to have 4-wheel EBS at speeds under 15mph, to help in steep decents. However, these first releases are only going to have the regular EBS because they couldn't refine it to a point where they were ready to bring it to market. I know that will make a lot of people mad....But not near as mad as if they came out with a setup that had lots of problems. I guess the other alternative is holding the machine all together, but a lot of customers are chomping at the bit to get this machine and don't want to wait any longer.

That's what stinks about these new model releases. They have to unveil them waaaay early to anticipate how many need to be built, but sometimes that means the machine's final specs aren't set yet or it won't actually meet the market at the origonal anticipated time (Like the Outlaw).

Old 12-12-2005 | 07:43 AM
|
Range Rover
Default X2

Thanks awdowden, that's good to know. Hopefully by the time the other colors are available, they'll have the 4-wheel EBS worked out. Do you know which tires come on this machine? According to the spec sheet on the Polaris website, they're 25", so it looks like they won't be the radials.

Old 12-12-2005 | 01:56 PM
Range Rover
Default X2

They come with the same tire on the Sportsman 450/500 carb & ATP 500 had; 25" Titan/Carilse 489. It's not a bad tire... But I like the PXT Radials much better.

Old 12-14-2005 | 12:53 AM
Range Rover
Default X2

The X2 caught my eye as well. I love my ATP but the option of adding a second seat for 2up riding and the EFI is pretty attractive to me. Only thing is I wish they has stuck with the solid rear axle, I prefer the feel of the solid axle over the IRS quads. If Polaris would come out with an EFI retrofit kit for the 500 HO I would be one happy boy.
Q