Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

?!#*SUBARU?@#&

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 08:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?!#*SUBARU?@#&

I just finished reading a really heated up thread on "this VS that" brand, and a guy said Polaris motors where made by Subaru, and I thought to myself "yeah right" and another guy confirmed it. IS THIS TRUE????? I am still a little shakey, but able to type. . .The only thing that keeps me going is the manta "Subaru makes four strokes, I have a 2 stroke; Subaru makes four strokes, I have a 2 stoke". Please, somebody, anybody, tell me that my 2001 Polaris xPlorer isn't sitting out there with a Subaru motor in it. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-16-2005, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default ?!#*SUBARU?@#&

no its not, FUJI. lmao.

Old 12-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Trailblazer
Default ?!#*SUBARU?@#&

Subaru???? Someone is very confused...

Fuji has made more than a million motors for Polaris.

Old 12-16-2005, 09:06 PM
Trailblazer
Default ?!#*SUBARU?@#&

What can I say? I am a loss for words. All this time I have been boasting on the " little powerplant that could " of my 250xP and all this time it couldn't understand me? I am crushed. Forgive me, but when I think of good stuff, motors and all, I get a warm fuzzy geo map of the Great Lakes region and cold snow, sooty and all. I didn't thing my motor was made in in actual "Detriot", but I had the idea that it was made in the Briggs +Stratton, Tecumseh, McCulloch area of U S OF A. I'm dyin here. . .You guys have no idea how much flak I have given my father in law over Artic Cats being Zukes and Kawisuckies. . .at least now AC is making their own 650 motor. AUGH........OK, I'm calm, but everything I've admired about Scrammies, Ls, and EFIs is a swirling mess of betrayal. How can something like that be so well hidden? There's still a chance... I'm going to take a deap breath and wait to read all the replies that sound like this "Chill out man, of course Polaris engines are made in the U S of A. How could it be any other way?" Or "Man what's your problem, do you think that only the JAPANESE know how to make an engine?" or "There is no way that I would drive anything but an American made, engineered, and powered ATV!" I'm sorry if I offend anyone or everyone, but I'm losing it here. How can I be pround of anything I own if it doesn't bleed RED, WHITE, AND BLUE!!!!!!!

Old 12-16-2005, 09:12 PM
Trailblazer
Default ?!#*SUBARU?@#&

Originally posted by: 2stroked4x4
What can I say? I am a loss for words. All this time I have been boasting on the " little powerplant that could " of my 250xP and all this time it couldn't understand me? I am crushed. Forgive me, but when I think of good stuff, motors and all, I get a warm fuzzy geo map of the Great Lakes region and cold snow, sooty and all. I didn't thing my motor was made in in actual "Detriot", but I had the idea that it was made in the Briggs +Stratton, Tecumseh, McCulloch area of U S OF A. I'm dyin here. . .You guys have no idea how much flak I have given my father in law over Artic Cats being Zukes and Kawisuckies. . .at least now AC is making their own 650 motor. AUGH........OK, I'm calm, but everything I've admired about Scrammies, Ls, and EFIs is a swirling mess of betrayal. How can something like that be so well hidden? There's still a chance... I'm going to take a deap breath and wait to read all the replies that sound like this "Chill out man, of course Polaris engines are made in the U S of A. How could it be any other way?" Or "Man what's your problem, do you think that only the JAPANESE know how to make an engine?" or "There is no way that I would drive anything but an American made, engineered, and powered ATV!" I'm sorry if I offend anyone or everyone, but I'm losing it here. How can I be pround of anything I own if it doesn't bleed RED, WHITE, AND BLUE!!!!!!!
Sorry to burst your bubble... Polaris ATVs and motors are engineered in the US, but the 400/450/500 motors are actually made by Fuji in Japan.

Relax... Fuji makes a kickass motor.

Old 12-16-2005, 10:00 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default ?!#*SUBARU?@#&

yea but the librety is made in the good ole usa

Old 12-16-2005, 11:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ?!#*SUBARU?@#&

wow, suicidal engine depression disorder, its a rare case

lets get this alll straight and sorted out so no one gets pissy

the 200 4stroke motors are made by a Tiwanese company

the:

250 -2stroke
400 -2stroke
500 H.O.
500 EFI
Predator 500

are made by Fuji Heavy Industries of Japan

the 600/700/700 EFI/800 EFI motors are made by Liberty of the United States

all the sled motors are made by Liberty, along with Victory's motors

and the new 525 motors that are suposedly going to be dropped into the preds in a year or 2 are built by KTM, which is Austrian

further more to confuse you and make you sad, all the EFI systems in the twins are made my Bosch, a germany company, and all the carburators and throttle bodys are japanese

oh, another thing, Arctic cat only builds 1 engine at the moment, and its their 650. all of BRP's motors are made by ROTAX which is Austrian aswell

but dont worry, the motors are designed by Polaris R&D, Fuji just builds them

Old 12-17-2005, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default ?!#*SUBARU?@#&

Just take the food right out of your children's mouth.

Old 12-17-2005, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default ?!#*SUBARU?@#&

Why can't Polaris make their own engine's?

Old 12-17-2005, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default ?!#*SUBARU?@#&

Originally posted by: Toyeboy
Why can't Polaris make their own engine's?
kuz theyre cool and dont need to, lol. idk.... ask them. mabe its cheaper for them.