Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hey Gunman 457

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Gunman 457

How's it going up there ? I was reading earlier that you picked up a new Kawasaki and you really liked it . I must say I would buy a v-force over a 500 Scrambler myself if I was so inclined to buy a new quad . But that"s just my opinion and it's my money so I do believe I can pick and choose as I please . For the record I bought a new seat cover and new tires for the old DT 400 and that's what I will be riding when I feel like riding .

I am kind of confused though by what you are posting here of late though . Are you saying buy American ?? Please clarify .

Rick Ritter

Old 12-17-2005, 03:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default Hey Gunman 457

Hi Rick, Im glad you wrote this post. I'm not trying to say to buy American. I'm just showing people that polaris isn't all american. The reason I'm doing this is that I got slammed by all the Polaris die hards on a post I had out there about the pros and cons on the Kaw KFX 700 and the Scram. And someone told me to take my jap bike and stick it. So I'm just letting him know my bike isn't the only jap bike out there. I own a KFX 700 and a Scram5004x4 and I was letting people know that the KFX fulfill's my need for speed in stead of me throwing a ton of money in aftermarket parts for the Scram and not get much out of it. I know because I'm one of those guy's that bought every HPD part twice that you can get for a Scram. Twice because they keep breaking down on me. I've even talked to you over the phone about it. But there was very little you could do about it. I've went round and round with HPD and they told me they won't back it up because they are high performance parts. Their parts don't even last a year. So I got ticked off from the costly lesson I learned and went out and got a KFX 700 to fulfill my need for speed and it is plenty fast for me (stock). I'm just tired of spending money and trying to hop up my Scram to fulfill my speed need's and can't get enough out of it. So I was letting people know with the same problem's I have to go a different way around it. And every Polaris die hard got on their milk crate and told me off. And it got very nasty. They act like I was bashing Polaris and trying to push Kawasaki on them. I like my Scram but I need more power and my Scram was starting to get old and had about 5k to 6k miles on it and I was getting sick of the nickel and dimming. Stuff was wearing out on it. It keep breaking down while I was on trips and its hard to find parts out in the sticks on a weekend. It was time for a new bike and I love the auto belt trans. Needed more power but didn't want a utility. Wanted sport handing, so I heard a lot of good things about the KFX so I went with it. Best thing I ever did. I will miss the 4 wheel drive but the front wheels on the KFX never touch the ground anyhow.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I don't see what's so offensive about that. Thank's Rick for replying to my other post and seeing what the bug up my butt was about. It's nice to get a reply without having stones chucked at you. P.S. I read that they have clutch kits for the KFX that really make them scream. I was wondering if you can get them. If so let me know. I like doing business with you because you know your stuff, are a really nice guy, and will take the time to help a person unlike HPD. Thank's again Rick, Hopefully I'll be talking to you soon.

Old 12-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default Hey Gunman 457

Rick he came to our quiet little corner of ATV Connection to stir the pot. I was able to answer him in a respectful manner and refute most of his claims of the KFX supremacy. Others weren't quite so tactful, I admit. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but what he did was the equivalent of walking into a biker bar and saying "Tatoos and Harleys are junk." Some places opinions are more welcome than others. Message boards like this are divided up for a reason.

Or maybe he was just getting even. I don't read the Kawasaki section, but did someone go post there about how bad the KFX sucks and how badass Scramblers are? Also this Gunman has cross-posted his sniveling drivel into various other threads in this section as well. He's really just here to start arguments.

Old 12-17-2005, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default Hey Gunman 457

See what I mean Rick, I rest my case.

Old 12-17-2005, 12:07 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider
Default Hey Gunman 457

[quote]
Originally posted by: Kevin108 Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but what he did was the equivalent of walking into a biker bar and saying "Tatoos and Harleys are junk." Some places opinions are more welcome than others.

That would get UGLY real quick!

Old 12-17-2005, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hey Gunman 457

I am a full stocking Distributor of Dalton Industries ATV components . I have carried the full line for a couple of years . I have the kits , the pullers and the slick overdrive cover for the KFX 700 .
Call me , you will have parts the next day .

Rick Ritter

Old 12-17-2005, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hey Gunman 457

Never walk in a Harley bar and say stuff like that . Be a nice guy like me and place a drip pan under each of the bikes out front . For an added effect put an ounce or so of black goey oil in each pan .

Then comment on how wide all the women's rear ends are .

Rick

Old 12-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hey Gunman 457

Like the joke...

How do you know when it's time to change the oil in a Harley? When it stops dripping. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2005, 04:35 PM
UTU
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey Gunman 457

Rag,Rag,Rag? Boys will be boys BUT, some day they MIGHT grow up! Just like Fords,Dodge,Chevy,etc & Cowasaki, Honda,Polaris,etc. Different strokes for different folks. They make all the different models for different people. Now all you have a group hug and kiss & make up!

ps. My Lowrider does not leak/drip oil! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2005, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hey Gunman 457

that reminds me of the harley rider and the jap bike rider. the jap bike rider asks the harley rider if he wants to race his new harley against the new rice rocket. the biker says of course. same bikes 20 years from now.

Quick Reply: Hey Gunman 457