Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ATV and family bonding

Old 12-21-2005, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV and family bonding

JUst wondering something,My 14 yr old son and I ride our Quads together which I know has kept us close to where in fact I over heard him tell one of his friends that "my dad is my best friend".....you know, in this day and age thats a heck of a compliment...I must be doing something right or is just the 800EFI? lol.....merry christmas everybody...

Old 12-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Range Rover

Well the 800 EFI can't be hurting anything but, yeah I would say you are doing somthing right. I have a buddy ho has been divorced for years but maintians a great relationship with his 17 year old daughter. Good parenting is a big part of it but he also loves boats and boating and that's somthing he has brought her up into. I think having a shared interest like ATVs or boating does a lot to keep the parent-child relationship strong. That's why I have encouraged my wife to ride as well. We can haul all three kids when we ride together and the kids love it. They are young now but I am surely going to try to keep that interest going all through their teen years.
But my boy does the same thing, he says "daddy, I'm your buddy" just makes you feel like everything is right when they say stuff like that.
Q

Old 12-21-2005, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

I think you both are very lucky. With the world the way it is and peer pressure in all age groups, I think you have accomplished something special. I have no kids and my wife could care less about atv's though she doesnt hold me back.

Steve Lubecki

Old 12-21-2005, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

yea man, thats the same way my dad feels. some other kids never spend time with their parents and try to avoid them as much as possible... which i think is just stupid. they say their parents are "boring and have no life". i do tons of things with my parents... like skiing, quading, movies, paintball, boating, and other such stuff. i get along with my parents (a few stupid fights here and there.... but thats the way it always is in familly). theres a time for ur friends... and then theres a time for ur family... thats the way i always think. other kids get so caught up with tryin to be cool and popular and go out with their friends every night that they dont even get to kno their parents the way they could. i spend lots of time with my parents and sisters and still have time to hang out with my friends.

Old 12-22-2005, 12:03 AM
Range Rover

you know how kids are...why would he lie about something like that to his friend when your not around to hear it? for a 14 yr old he has a very nice machine...but from expierience id say if hes saying that behind your back its meant [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2005, 12:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

ATV's can bring a family together. I know that I enjoy spending time with my father riding around the farm with him, and my little brother tags along on his 90, and while he is trying to do donuts on the snow coverd ground, my dad and I look at him in amazement. Thinking how much he reminds us of us...

Last year I walked into the house and my dad turned to me and said "you know...you are exactly the same way I was when I was your age...doing donuts and tearing it up...except I was on a snowmobile" and the quads have brought a famiy absession. They are a great way to spend time with your family

Old 12-22-2005, 02:32 AM
Quad Patrol

I agree with you 110%[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The headline on "My Page" says "A family that quads together, stays together"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I think it's great you heard that. If it was said without you knowing it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] he meant it.

If you are to ask my daughters what they would like to do, all three would tell you that want to go ride their quads. And if it's muddy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] that's even better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]