Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

How to get mud off?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get mud off?

A pressure washer is the only way to get the thick stuff off...Just be careful with it. I only use Armorall every once in a while when I clean up and do maintenance. It doesn't really seem to help much when it comes time to wash off the mud.

I'd rather wash a muddy quad than wash a muddy truck anyday.

Old 12-22-2005, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: watzupdog
hoopie. just checked out your pics. nice atv hauler. what size tires is on your trailer. they look small. I HAVE to get a trailer this year. I bought my kids a SP90 last summer and have not been able to go riding together because I can only fit 1 quad in my truck. Plus when the 2007 Hummer H3 comes out I'm going to trade in my 2001 5.4 F150 supercrew for one. Then I want have any way to haul any of my quads. I'll miss my F150 but I've always wanted a 4x4. Not that I would be doing a lot of 4 wheeling right off the bat with it. Just on the beach and stuff. Opps a little off the subject.
there 20.5x8x10 tires. Came with the trailer when i got it new in 2000. I never had a problem with them. I am looking to get a new trailer this year though to carry 3 quads and a dirtbike. Just got the 4 well now 5 year old a 2006 kawasaki klx 110 dirtbike and teaching him how to ride it. Hes doing good so far. I figure in two more years he should be good enough to out with us on the trails. wanted to get him a predator 90 or something simular but he cant ride it legally on the trails so whats the point! and dirtbikes you can ride legally here im Michigan. I thought about trading in my escalade for the ext model so I can throw the dirtbike in the back and not have to get a new trailer. It would be nice to have a bed instead of all enclosed but at the sametime i have more room for luggage.

Old 12-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

so thats a 10 inch tire. Or am I reading the numbers wrong. If so, how fast are you able to go with only 10 inch tires. I was looking at a trailer 12 inch tires and they said that top speed was 55 mph. But they didn't even recomend going that fast.

Old 12-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

Orange Blast is available at WalMart. It does wonders...no kidding...
trick is take reg. garden hose, presoak and knock off big mud chunks....

then hammer it with Orange Blast, let sit maybe 15 mins or so, then hose again..right off...then a lite wipe with soap and clothe and your done!!

as far as chunks in frame and all, well, just let hose knock it out....

scissors works nice on balled up grass around CV's too...

Old 12-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

pressure washer work better then anything out there.

Old 12-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

I ride between 70 and 80 mph with that trailer all the time with no problems. I put atleast 3000 miles on it this year with two quads on it. I dont know how tall the tire is. I know its bigger than 10inches though. I think 15in tires are standard size on most 2 atv trailers.

Old 12-22-2005, 08:14 PM
Trailblazer

I spray armeral over the whole machine. Even under the wheel wells and the mud slides right off. Of course do it before going out in the blaze of glori

Old 12-22-2005, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

Same as going virtical I Get my GRIZ cleaned up then dripping wet all over with Armorall wipe her down ,and when you wash it next time the mud comes right off. And I get a lot of compliments too ,before it gets muddy. That way I dont have to use a pressure washer , but that clay is a BEAUCH!!