Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

L&R Rear Cargo Box ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L&R Rear Cargo Box ?

Jason - could you show us a pick of the inside of our L&R box with the spacers?

I picked up my box and backrest pre-assembled (sort-of)

Looks like someone tried to install the back rest and used the wrong size bolts and stripped the metal threads from the plastic box, so the screw would just spin and not get any tighter.

I got both the box and backrest for $200 - took it home, drilled out the bolts and used anchor screws to attach the backrest.

This thing worked great in WV riding two up. i wish I had gotten the bags though....maybe soon.

That backrest is REALLY overpriced though.

Old 01-04-2006, 04:35 PM
Trailblazer

I have to figure out how to reduce the resoultion on my camera. The pictures won't upload. I have some pics on a disposable I need to develope and get a disc I'll try to figure it out tonight. If anyone knows how to get a 5 megapixle picture to upload let me know.

Just to give you an idea, I started with a card board template and then cut it out of some plexi glass I had laying around with a jigsaw, then took a torch to the edges to smooth them off. I made them tight so I didn't have to silicone them in. The foam is like the inside of a sofa cushion that I got at an upholstry shop just to keep my stuff from bouncing around.

Old 01-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Range Rover

Jason, if you send the pic to me, I will cut it down to size for you. My email is ragman@rochester.rr.com

Sorry to see the sig about your scrambler....you ever find it or hear anythign about the authorities finding it?

Old 01-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Trailblazer

Elimin8r: As much as I loved my Scrambler, I'm equally enjoy my sportsman which I might add only cost me $300.00 after I received the insurance check for the bike and all the Mods. Ya, I couldn't believe when they asked me to list all my mods and that with 100% replacement insurance everything would be replaced with brand new Items. The funny thing is that when I bought the Scrambler It only cost $4000.00 which I thought was high for the year but It had every mod installed by a dealer, a set of sand tires and the wealthy Home Builder that I bought it from had only used the bike 2-3 times a year for 3 years so it was like brand new.

At this point I'm ready to add a Scrambler, Outlaw, or MAYBE a 700efi Raptor. I need a dune bike and the only reason why I would even consider a Scrambler is because my last one, even with 4x4 kept up with almost everything upto 500cc. It was so fast that everybody that witnessed it run was completely amazed. When I say to many mods to list I'm only assuming It had everything possible, because the guy that owned it , took it to the dealer and said put every performance mod available on it and after talking to the dealer who knew the guy well they told me I had the fastest 4x4 Scrambler in the country (ego booster).

Old 01-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Elimin8r
Jason - could you show us a pick of the inside of our L&R box with the spacers?

I picked up my box and backrest pre-assembled (sort-of)

Looks like someone tried to install the back rest and used the wrong size bolts and stripped the metal threads from the plastic box, so the screw would just spin and not get any tighter.

I got both the box and backrest for $200 - took it home, drilled out the bolts and used anchor screws to attach the backrest.

This thing worked great in WV riding two up. i wish I had gotten the bags though....maybe soon.

That backrest is REALLY overpriced though.
Elimin8r + Jason: Go and get the bags. They will hold 9 cans of beer each, and they are isolated so they will keep cold for at least 2-3 hours in the summer where I live. They've been my most important storage location so far... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Trailblazer

I'll have the side bags by the next time I ride. I didn't realize they were insulated, thats cool.

Elprebse: Don't you guys drink your beer at room temperature over there?

Nice quad, I like the body guard. I'm gonna try to get it now that my new tires stick out the side 2 inches or about 5 CM.

Old 01-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: JASON420Z
I'll have the side bags by the next time I ride. I didn't realize they were insulated, thats cool.

Elprebse: Don't you guys drink your beer at room temperature over there?

Nice quad, I like the body guard. I'm gonna try to get it now that my new tires stick out the side 2 inches or about 5 CM.
Room temp? No way. Sitting here drinking my 3rd Corona, and have 3 more waiting in the snow outside...

Old 01-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Trailblazer

Sweet, a snow chilled corona would go down pretty good right now. It's only 2:30pm here so I'll have to wait a couple hours to get started.

Old 03-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Trailblazer

Just purchased the rear cargo box, but after reading about the beer capacity of the side bags I realize that I definitely need these. Polaris says that Attachment Loops are needed to attach the bags to the cargo box. The attachment loops have 8 in each set. Is a set of 8 required for each side bag?

Old 03-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

One kit of 8 brackets will do both bags, those little plastic plugs on the front of your box are removed and the loops attach there with included screws. Add a drop of threadlocker to the screws so they won't come loose.

Quick Reply: L&R Rear Cargo Box ?