Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

L&R Rear Cargo Box ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L&R Rear Cargo Box ?

Got a Lock & Ride Rear Cargo Box for Christmas. Is it supposed to come with the anchors to hold the box down? Mine didn't. They are $25 each, and I assume I need two. Anybody have one? Did it come with the anchors?

I also got the rear seatback and side bags. Will be nice when they are all installed.

Thanks.

Old 12-26-2005, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

My box came with the anchors to attach the box to the rear rack, the side bag anchor kit is purchased seperately...

Old 12-26-2005, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

I just got a polaris lock and ride box too. It came with the lock and ride hardware in a seperate plastic bag. I would tell the place where you got them that the hardware is missing.

Old 12-27-2005, 06:18 PM
Range Rover

Thanks guys,

I called my dealer today. They said the anchors should be included and they will send them to me.

Old 01-03-2006, 09:33 AM
Range Rover

Well, my dealer did send me one anchor (instead of 2), but not the mounting hardware that attaches to the box. Can you tell me what came in the hardware package? I assume I need two mounting brackets and two anchors. I will be calling my dealer this afternoon. Thanks again for any help.

Old 01-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

My box was assembled when I got it from my dealer but there are 2 L shaped brackets that bolt to the box with the expanding anchors that drop into the rack.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:11 AM
Range Rover

Thanks powerslider. That's what I thought by looking at the box. Called the dealer and they said they will send me a hardware pack from another box. Hope everything is there this time.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Trailblazer

Bytor, that rear seat back is awsome for long rides and riding 2x. My cargo box came with lock and ride hardware, back rest (attached) & side bag anchors. I didn't get the side bags because they were trying to charge me $40 each for them and I knew they only run $20. The only problem I've had with the box is trying to ride hard with alot of loose weight in it makes the anchors slide out and come loose. You'll also see some grooves cut in the front and back of the inside of the box. This is a great place to insert some fabricated plexi-glass dividers.

Old 01-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Range Rover

Jason: Good idea about the spacers. Will look into that. Haven't been able to ride with the box yet, but I sure do like the seatback. It will help this old body out a little.

Old 01-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Trailblazer

When you fabricate the dividers you have to remember to leave about 1.5"s sticking out the top to conform to the inside of the lid. I had to learn the hard way. Mine are not that pretty but they sit in the box tight. I've also filled a section with a block of foam with slits in it to hold drinks, car keys, smokes, and what ever else needs to stay secured and dry. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: L&R Rear Cargo Box ?