Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 New Polaris ATV's

Old 01-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: awdowden
It's amazing how many experts there are in here. Here is the truth...

I never once said I was an expert. I only restated what was stated directly to me from the stealerealerships I spoke to. What makes you more of a so called expert than the rest of us? Do you own, manage or work at an atv stealerealership? What makes your statement the "TRUTH"? All I know is that you need to do your homework and make sure everything is in writing and explained in full before signing on the dotted line. The days of a mans word and a hand shake are long gone.

Robert

Old 01-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

I noticed that some of you purchased in TN. Has anyone dealt with this dealer? They seem to have a heck a deal going with their pricing. I thought about buying from them but it would be a drive to TN from northern IL. Let me know...

Dealer Site LINK

Sorry not trying to hijack the thread..

Old 01-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: robedoll

What makes you more of a so called expert than the rest of us? Do you own, manage or work at an atv stealerealership? What makes your statement the "TRUTH"?
Yes, I do; as stated in the previous post. I deleted that post because I was afraid this would happen... People wouldn't read the entire post but only pick a couple lines out. If you had read the entire post you wouldn't have had to ask me where I worked. I'm not an expert, but given that I've been involved in most angles of this industry I'm pretty confident that I know a little more than the kids on here repeating what they heard their dad's friend-of-a-friend say.

My comment about “experts” wasn't aimed at you or anyone else specifically. There’s too many people on here for me to even remember who is who anymore. But there are a lot people here that are saying, "This is how it is," instead of saying, "This is what I heard." There is a difference.... I hadn't seen an accurate post yet about what the deal really was so I thought would post 'the truth' since I actually knew it.

People read these forums and think everything they read is good as gold. Then they go yelling at their dealer saying, "But I read in those forums on the internet..." thinking they're going to make the dealer look like an idiot when they really have no idea what they're talking about. Of course, the dealer can't be rude so they nod and smile. And the "expert" customer walks away thinking they put the dealer in his place. Just hope everyone is a little more careful about what they believe on these forums! There is a lot of good helpful information here but it's mostly BS floating around.

I don't remember when I joined these forums but I think it was around 1997. Back then they didn't even have a Polaris forum! There was some BS back then too, but it was a much smaller group and everyone knew who was full of it and who actually knew what they were talking about. Back then, I didn't know much about anything... I came looking for answers! I don't have all the answers now, but I have a few.

Back to the original topic, the promotions changed again. So they are still doing the ESC but the details such as the dealer rebate changed from last month. Things change all the time as successful marketing has to be progressive. So now someone that reads this thread a month from now will think they know what’s going on but it will probably be completely different then too.

Sorry if this is offending anyone! I promise it's not aimed at anyone specifically.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

The dealer I went to said the promotion ended January 12th. I went in to buy an X2 but apparently the X2s are not in the pipline yet. Kind of ticked off because I would have bought one on the spot with the NO/NO/NO incentive going on.

While I generaly detest ATV/Motorcycle and Car dealers, this guy actually called the factory to try and get a VIN number so he could lock in the deal. He also knocked $500 off the MSRP. Unfortunatly no X2s are to be had so I am SOL.

Old 01-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: mac66
The dealer I went to said the promotion ended January 12th. I went in to buy an X2 but apparently the X2s are not in the pipline yet. Kind of ticked off because I would have bought one on the spot with the NO/NO/NO incentive going on.

While I generaly detest ATV/Motorcycle and Car dealers, this guy actually called the factory to try and get a VIN number so he could lock in the deal. He also knocked $500 off the MSRP. Unfortunatly no X2s are to be had so I am SOL.
For what it's worth, they extended the promotion until February 28th. It's possible your dealer will have an X2 by then.

Old 01-04-2006, 04:35 PM
UTU
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive bought from Abernathy's since 1970. Have had NO complaints b4 or after the sale.

Originally posted by: bombaman
I noticed that some of you purchased in TN. Has anyone dealt with this dealer? They seem to have a heck a deal going with their pricing. I thought about buying from them but it would be a drive to TN from northern IL. Let me know...

Dealer Site LINK

Sorry not trying to hijack the thread..

Old 01-04-2006, 08:24 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: robedoll

What makes you more of a so called expert than the rest of us? Do you own, manage or work at an atv stealerealership? What makes your statement the "TRUTH"?
Yes, I do; as stated in the previous post. I deleted that post because I was afraid this would happen... People wouldn't read the entire post but only pick a couple lines out. If you had read the entire post you wouldn't have had to ask me where I worked. I'm not an expert, but given that I've been involved in most angles of this industry I'm pretty confident that I know a little more than the kids on here repeating what they heard their dad's friend-of-a-friend say.

My comment about “experts” wasn't aimed at you or anyone else specifically. There’s too many people on here for me to even remember who is who anymore. But there are a lot people here that are saying, "This is how it is," instead of saying, "This is what I heard." There is a difference.... I hadn't seen an accurate post yet about what the deal really was so I thought would post 'the truth' since I actually knew it.

People read these forums and think everything they read is good as gold. Then they go yelling at their dealer saying, "But I read in those forums on the internet..." thinking they're going to make the dealer look like an idiot when they really have no idea what they're talking about. Of course, the dealer can't be rude so they nod and smile. And the "expert" customer walks away thinking they put the dealer in his place. Just hope everyone is a little more careful about what they believe on these forums! There is a lot of good helpful information here but it's mostly BS floating around.

I don't remember when I joined these forums but I think it was around 1997. Back then they didn't even have a Polaris forum! There was some BS back then too, but it was a much smaller group and everyone knew who was full of it and who actually knew what they were talking about. Back then, I didn't know much about anything... I came looking for answers! I don't have all the answers now, but I have a few.

Back to the original topic, the promotions changed again. So they are still doing the ESC but the details such as the dealer rebate changed from last month. Things change all the time as successful marketing has to be progressive. So now someone that reads this thread a month from now will think they know what’s going on but it will probably be completely different then too.

Sorry if this is offending anyone! I promise it's not aimed at anyone specifically.

Not offended here. Yes, I did read the entire post. I never seen where you said "I Own, I Manage or I Work at a dealership" If it was stated than I truely opoligize for questioning you on the subject. As far as I am concerened if you do in fact own or manage a dealership than you are some what of an expert in that field. You would deffinately know more than me on said subject.

As you can see in my post I only restated what was stated directly to me from the dealerealerships I spoke to. If I had typed everything that I heard 2nd,3rd & 4th hand than I would have to write a book.

Please tell us all. How can a dealer refuse to give the 30 months extended warranty if it clearly says it is available on the Polaris website? I did not see anything on their website that says "Free 30 months extra warranty only available if you pay extra for the quad." From reading the original post and all the replies, I am seeing a history of the dealers say "Pay more to get more." Well I am sorry this is not whats advertised. Not only does this make the dealers look bad but it also makes Polaris look bad. Could you see a select few GM dealerships saying we are not gonna offer the "Nationally Advertised Red Tag Pricing just because we need to make extra money." I am sure GM would scald their a@& and possibly drop their dealership.

What is the policy at your dealership? Can one expect to get the 30months free warranty at the same price as if they were not getting it?

I do know for a fact that I priced a 2006 800EFI at Southern Motorsports in Chattanooga, Tennessee and the pricethat was faxed to me clearly states $7483.00 out the door, NO TAX. I then called Beasley Motorsports in Savannah, Georgia and the price was $7699.00 + 6% TAX. I had all intentions of going to Nooga during my vacation in late January to get my 800. Polaris then came out with the warranty offer and I also stumbled across an ad on cycletrader.com that showed Beasley Motorsports at $7199.00 + TAX. Yep $500.00 cheaper than previously qouted. I called Beasley and confirmed the new price then asked about the warranty. They knew nothing of the warranty and looked it up on their computer. I was offered $400.00 in accessories or the 30 month warranty and the price never changed. I wrote a check for $7199.00 + TAX ($7630.94) and left out as a Happy New Polaris Owner. These are first hand facts and not hear say from someone else.

Robert

Old 01-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

that's right on robedoll!

and that's why our local Dealers are playing dumb about the free Warranty.....because THEY will pocket $400 (a secret to the public) if they don't give the warranty.

and that's why Viper927 got skrewed out the F-R-E-E 3years!......so the DEALER could make an extra (drum roll please) $800 off him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now how does THAT make you feel?

BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU bro!

~MT

Old 01-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

Hope you're not right about that mt! When I bought my son's '04 trailboss new, I bought it outright, no financing through polaris, and got it about $400.00 under msrp. about a month or so later I recieved a packet in the mail from Polaris, it was a free 2 year extended warranty with $50.00 deductible!!! Same thing happened when I bought my new '05 sp700efi, I traded in my '03sp600, and financed the rest through my own bank. In the mail came a nice suprise! A free 6 month extended warranty with $50.00 deductible!!! I never mentioned or recieved anything from my dealer at the time of the purchase. Do these promotions only get honored if the dealer asks for them??? Guess I must have a good dealer then, cause otherwise he could have made extra off of me too! BTW I never have used either one of these extended warrantys! My dealer got my sp700efi's front diff fixed under factory warranty-no deduct., and it was after my factory warranty ran out! Guess it pays to buy from a good dealer then!!! Dan.

Quick Reply: 3 New Polaris ATV's