Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

scrambler problem, what do u think?

Old 01-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default scrambler problem, what do u think?

I would start by pulling the cylinder and hope that you just seized the rings and not blew a piston skirt.If not one of these best bet would be a counterbalance gone out or crank bearings.

Old 01-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what would need to be done if it is one of those. Does the engine need to be rebuilt?

Old 01-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

depend son what it is. counter balancer can get expensive.

if the skirt dropped count on a full job. bearings and seals for the bottom and a rebuilt crank. if just the rings sealed you need a new piston rings and bore.

top end can be done for 150-225.00

bottom end is more. but if the skirt borke count on doing the bottom end. I didn't do it when mine broke and I had to pull the bottom apart after 3-4 months anyway. it wastes alot of time and money in gaskets.

go to Rick ritter for the rebuilt crank. he can rebuild it for you as well but of course he has to charge you like anyone else for his time. Don;t go to the dealer for this there parts are more, there labor outragious. if I had to do it over I would by a complete rebuild bottom end from rick with core charge and do the top end local or through him as well. his labor is good.

www.rittercycle.com

Old 01-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

This machine has been sitting for while now because i have been so busy. I think i will get some time in febuary so i want to make a game plan.

first. what does it mean to have the skirt drop (sorry for my ignorance)

second - wear is rick ritter located at

third - conig, when ou say"by a complete rebuild bottom end from rick with core charge ," do you mean you actaul buy a bottem end from him or you ship him yours and he does all the work?

fourth - if i were to do a complete rebuild what modifications shuld be done while doing it. Things that aren't much more expensive and will keep reliability

fifth - should i just start buy taking the top end off and inspecting it or do i ned ot do something else?

thanks for the help

Old 01-26-2006, 11:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

When the skirt breaks it is the bottom portion of the piston that breaks and falls to the bottom of the crank case. This can lodge between the crank and the case. Rick is in Illinois. If you do any kind of engine mods you have to ditch the DG pipe. DG is crap and will rob power. You will waste your money on mods if you keep that pipe.

Old 01-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

bump