Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

twin air pod filter on a predator

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twin air pod filter on a predator

I put the pod filter on my predator and I now notice a Intake sound I never noticed almost a wiss sound but only when getting on the throttle. Has any of you ever noticed this to.
Anyway I Haven't noticed a differance AT ALL!!!!!! I was using the CFM airbox and I had the jetting right on the money.I put the pod filter on because I was told By Nicholas cycles to do so along with adding the Turn down end cap to the PURE polaris (wB) silencer.I did all of that, I had to change the jetting and once I got the jetting in range IT was SLOWER!!!Now the quad wistles and feels like it is choked up though the exhaust.What gives!! way can't i get this thing to be faster then it was stock.

Old 01-03-2006, 03:29 PM
916 Reaper - Pure Evil Inside!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt I feel for ya. I have read your posts and all the problems you are having with your Pred. I am running the TwinAir kit from Nicholas, and have no problems with it (I also have both of Dougs carb mods. cant remeber if yo =u said you had them). The wiss sound you hear is most likly just the motor sucking in air, mine does it as well. I am sure you have, but I would just double check the seal of the filter to the carb.

Hop eyou get it running strong again.

Chris

Old 01-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No carb mod has been done.I Got rid of the stock carb and Put on a fcr 41mm keihin.I was told by Daryl Rath and Doug that the carb is very good to use.I can't complain about the carb it does have way better throttle responce then stock.I just wanted to know if the sound is normal,because I may have a valve issue(hpd valve springs going bad)That is just a guess tho,I was told they coil bined .
I must be down to the Cams, they must be the problem with my quest for more power and speed.