Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

kids polaris'

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kids polaris'

My bio has a pic of my 10 yr old boy.He loves the machine Had minor issues but overall excellent buy and he is due to upgrade now Not fast enough!!! LOL
I love to ride it as well!!!35 to 40 mph

Old 01-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default kids polaris'

my friend has a predator 90 that he has taken all the saftey equipment off and piped it and changed the carb to a bigger one and a few other things and that thing is fire breathing. that think will pull a wheely going 35 mph without pulling back on the handle bars. It pulls my 230 lbs along great. that little thing is scary fast. with him on it it will do close to 45mph with the help of his homemade mods and everything adjusted right.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Bob

Old 01-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Trailblazer
Default kids polaris'

I got my son a sportsman 90 and he loves it. He is 6 and in the first day I removed the govener. He can whip donuts in the snow and covers himself in the mud all the time. He can go up the steep hills fallowing right behind us. The only time he nees help is in the deep ruts where it bottoms out. I to left the throttle screw in half way so he top out at 25 right now. I am disapointed in the plastic, he rolled into a tree at 4ft away and the whole front end cracked. Also when he hits a water hole the machine quits running like you hit the kill switch. I think the coil is cracked. It's still under warrenty though.

Old 01-06-2006, 02:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default kids polaris'

and the good thing with the little ones is that they retain there value better then the big ones do :S

Old 01-06-2006, 06:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default kids polaris'

Originally posted by: MnFriesen
and the good thing with the little ones is that they retain there value better then the big ones do :S
You aren't kidding there I have an 86 lt50 thats probly worth more now than it was new!

Old 01-06-2006, 09:09 AM
Trailblazer
Default kids polaris'

Thanks for all the replies! If I had any real reservation about buying either the Pred 90 or SP 90, I don't anymore. Since the two have virtually the same powertrain, they ought to be able to be modded the same. I found the "hill climbing" part a HUGE question answerer, though I forgot to ask it. That's where my daughter has her biggest challenges shifting her TRX90 now. I felt the automatic was the answer to that problem.

Thanks all!

Old 01-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default kids polaris'

We have a SP90 05. I was looking at getting the kids the pred because of the look. And when we went to get it. They saw the SP90 and wanted that. I was surprised at first with there choice but went with it. (Seeing as how there the ones going to ride it, get what they want.) Then when they went through mud puddles and came out dry. I thought I'm glad that they had the extra plastic to keep the mud and rocks from flying up on them. The pred looks nicer. But once you get past that the SP90 with the extra plastic and racks do come in handy. Either way, the 90 is a great reliable machine.

Old 01-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default kids polaris'

that's awesome! how old are the kids? Are you going to put some headlights on it?

Old 01-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default kids polaris'

kids are 8 and 10. The 06 models have headlights on them from the factory. As far as me, I'm not going to mess with it. I dont ever see us riding at night.

Old 01-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default kids polaris'

The 06 models have headlights on them from the factory.
Where did you get this info? The website says "daytime running lights" but @ the dealer, there's still no lights on the front...only the stickers.

What's your take? Maybe I'm off my rocker and my dealer has 2 of the '05 models on the showroom floor.

Quick Reply: kids polaris'