Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006 | 09:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default X2

it,s suppose to have 4-wheel ebs

Old 01-17-2006 | 09:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default X2

yes it is supposed to but they are releasing the ones now with the old setup.. the new all wheel ebs is not going to be released until march due to issues with the setup i dont know what the problem was they dont tell us that we cancelled ours we had on order till the new setup is available!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-17-2006 | 10:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default X2

thanks colt2245p

Old 01-17-2006 | 10:13 AM
Range Rover
Default X2

Polaris will offer the fix (add on the new EBS) at no charge to those machines currently purchased that do not have the new EBS system.

We let buying customers test ride the machine that they intend on buying. Not just letting any body off the street just come in and ride atvs.
and you have to really express that you are in the market for a Polaris atv and not just wanting to try it because its there. I mean If a dealer will do that go right ahead, but if I keep doing that for everyone no one will buy those machines because they will have hrs/miles on them or the tires will look used.
We are not rude about it but we try to Qualify as many as possiable.

Like we will get an Outlaw soon and will have it on loan From Polaris and we will have a Demo ride with it. I will call every guy that has come in asking about it and they will get to ride it. I have already taken down payments on 2. and I have presold my first 3 X2s.

I had a guy come in yesterday come up to me and say I want to ride the Predator and the 800 now. After talking to him for a few minutes I found out he had a King Quad and got beat by his buddys sp800 and just wanted to ride one at my store to see how it compared to his friends to check if he had made any Modifications that would have helped his buddy to beat his KQ.
I turned him away. I not think he was going to really look at the handling or stability but just going to HAMMER down on a non broke in ATV and rev it up.
any ways I got to go to work.

ride on!

Old 01-17-2006 | 11:54 AM
Range Rover
Default X2

Sportsman6004x4-- I agree. Anyone serious, or at least seriously considering, buying an ATV should get to ride whatever they are looking at. But not just everybody on everything... Nobody wants to buy a new ATV that is dirty and has been test ridden by someone else. I've even setup an ATV for a customer to ride right out of the crate, and they loved it! They signed the papers to buy it, but refused to buy the one they rode because they wanted a "new" one when they took it home that had never been ridden, even though they were the only ones that had ridden it so far! They saw us take it out of the crate! They were ready to walk, so I had to setup yet another one to save the sale.

Old 01-17-2006 | 04:05 PM
Range Rover
Default X2

That blows!!!!!!!!

Old 01-17-2006 | 04:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default X2

my dealer told me the other day that the x2 on the floor did have the all wheel ebs on it so they maybe shipping early ....

Old 01-17-2006 | 05:33 PM
Range Rover
Default X2

Originally posted by: Jayblazer
my dealer told me the other day that the x2 on the floor did have the all wheel ebs on it so they maybe shipping early ....
I don't think your dealer is telling you a lie, but it's possible he just never ran accross the memo.

Old 01-17-2006 | 06:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default X2

Originally posted by: rangertom
Originally posted by: JjEjFjf
Your dealer must be an ***. Mine will let me test drive anything any time.
I guess my dealer's the same way...they have to have some kind of "open house" thing going on to let anyone test drive anything new...they won't put any fluids into any machine before they're purchased otherwise.

That's awesome that your dealer lets buyers test drive atv's prior to making a purchase decision! It sure would have been helpful when buying my wife's magnum...I think if she would have had the opportunity to drive the sportsman 400 or 500, she'd have gotten it. Oh well...another couple years...and she'll upgrade.

BTW...where's your dealer? If it's in range...I'd like to take my family there to test ride a couple different machines...
My dealer is in Punxsutawney Pennsylvania. Thats a pretty long haul for you.
I was up there the other day and i was asking him about the ebs clunking noise. He told me to ride one of the new 700s just so i could see/hear that they all make that noise.
I think your dealers pulling your leg about the fluids.My dealer said that they come from the factory with all fluids in except for gas.

Old 01-17-2006 | 06:31 PM
Range Rover
Default X2

[quote]
[quote]
Originally posted by: rangertom

I think your dealers pulling your leg about the fluids.My dealer said that they come from the factory with all fluids in except for gas.

That is right. They come ready to run except gas, connect the battery and charge it, tighten up the handle bars and controls. But they are suppose to check all the fluids, oil, etc. because you never know what if anything got messed with in transport. And they are supposed to test run them before sale to verify everything works.