Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

predator needs top end... again... getting sick of it.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default predator needs top end... again... getting sick of it.

Originally posted by: powerismygame
Originally posted by: x_scrambler3
I think gunman post more here then in the kawi fourm.
thats what i was just about to say!!!!!!!!!!

go back to kawi forums if you love them so much?
I don't have any problem's with my Kaw to be out there.

Old 01-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ScramblerXLE
hey guys,

For those not keeping score at home, here's what's happenned so far:

1) Plastic Heat sheild melting
2) LED tail light stopped working
3) quiet core in Pure Polaris Muffler came apart
4) Transmission lock-up (every gear replaced)
5) Clutch assembly siezed (whole case replaced as well due to lubrication problems.)
6) Lost compression (whole top end assembly found out of spec and replaced)

And the latest:

7) lost compression on new motor again w/ only 11 hours on it. This time cams are out of spec, and valves are stuck open.

this seem ridiculous to anyone else? no matter how many phone calls are made to polaris they're not willing to help. I hate to do it, but I got a lawyer to push the lemon law issue, and if this gets taken care of, this may be my last polaris machine (it's my sixth... i really hate to say this...) but i'm starting to think i'm done with the company... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Sounds like you need to move to somthing more reliable like a kawasaki,honda,or yamaha if your having so many problems.

Old 01-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Trailblazer

Looks like someone's been passing that crack pipe again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

But seriously - this appears to be a double edged sword bad bike (it happens) and **** poor dealer yes/no? Like Mr. Spyder says get a new OutLaw if you can - Be the first one on your black to have one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: gunman457

so you come over here to cause trouble, pretty sad man. I don't understand why the moderators put up with you. say one word about Polaris advertising and the thread is axed, but you come over here and turn a thread into trash talkin' and it just goes on and on....unreal

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 01-15-2006, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

Is it possible that one engine problem could have caused all the other problems. A top end does not just go bad. Not in a short time. You said lack of lube on the clutches? What was the cause? Or did the dealer just replace parts??? Is the plastic melting a problem on the Pred? If not, Running lean and that hot? Get so hot it causes exhaust problems?? I know it sounds crazy but in some strange way all this could be caused by one that has been looked over. Not saying I'm right by any means, but all that? No rudeness implied. Just amazing how all that on one engine so close together. The taillight is a taillight. Oh well on that. I work at a Gm dealership and the Cadilac spit LED lights out all the time. They are pricey to replace.

Old 01-15-2006, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: zerowick
Originally posted by: gunman457

so you come over here to cause trouble, pretty sad man. I don't understand why the moderators put up with you. say one word about Polaris advertising and the thread is axed, but you come over here and turn a thread into trash talkin' and it just goes on and on....unreal

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
You guy's are the one's that cause the trouble. I come out hear to help out people with their problems that I experienced with the Polaris, and you guy's forbid me to give any structural criticsm. If you keep giving me trash, them I'll just keep on burning it. So It's up to you. I think the moderator's are seeing both sides. And by the way, advertising is against the forum rules but help isn't.

Old 01-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Trailblazer

Not for nothing but before I decided to buy Polaris I was seriously looking at the Yamaha Raptor 700R's I am a Yamaha fan and as you can see by my sig line own two Yammy sleds (their awesome) -

With that said, I did my duediligence and while browsing all the Yammy boards picking up info (if my memory serves me correct) it was on this board that someone reported almost identical problems with their brand new Raptor. Something about something not seated properly with the valves or blah, blah, blah - I'm sorry but I looked back and couldn't find the thread and can't remember exactly what it was - if someone remembers please chim in.

Anyway, my point - any manufacturer at any time can put out a lemon - anyone, it's how the Company responds and how the dealer sticks up for the customer that can turn a very bad situation into something positive, really the game starts with the dealer ...

Old 01-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

And by the way, advertising is against the forum rules but help isn't.
you misunderstood, I wasn't advertising, I, and others had made comments about Polaris advertising and marketing strategies and that thread was axed. the moderators don't want us discussing sponsors' methods. try to post a thread on it and see what happens. imo most of your posts are not "help", nor are your threatening PM's you send to people. remember them? remember the thread about your inappropriate PM's. that thread got axed too. funny I didn't see you respond to that thread...do you still send nasty PM's? should I expect one, please do so I can post it.

Old 01-15-2006, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: zerowick
And by the way, advertising is against the forum rules but help isn't.
you misunderstood, I wasn't advertising, I, and others had made comments about Polaris advertising and marketing strategies and that thread was axed. the moderators don't want us discussing sponsors' methods. try to post a thread on it and see what happens. imo most of your posts are not "help", nor are your threatening PM's you send to people. remember them? remember the thread about your inappropriate PM's. that thread got axed too. funny I didn't see you respond to that thread...do you still send nasty PM's? should I expect one, please do so I can post it.
I don't know what threatening PM's your talking about. Why don't you enlighten me.

Old 01-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

the thread with your name in the title is gone and doesn't come up in a search so I can't. just do us all a favor and try to "HELP", not instigate.

Quick Reply: predator needs top end... again... getting sick of it.