Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler 2wd: Tire recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrambler 2wd: Tire recommendations

The Titan 489s are shot and due for replacement. This is my wifes bike and we ride almost exclusively trails. The trails are in the desert, hardpack with about 3" of loose sandy, dusty soils. A few rocks and roots thrown in but nothing major.

Whats the good tire for the scrammy. I need all 4. Wife is a intermediate rider that is in the middle of the aggressive scale. I just taught her how to powerslide and she likes that.

Old 01-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like Front Pros in front and Realators in the rear they ride a little rough but go through anything and are reversable for deep sand.

Old 01-12-2006, 03:20 AM
Pro Rider

The 489s are always said to be a great all around tire and i agree.
They slide good too because of the rounded edges to the sidewall.

Some run Bear Claws in the rear or Kenda Klaws.
I might go to a Sur-Trak or and All-trak when i replace my rears.
Or I may stay with the 489s. Theres always the Mudlite AT with the small lugs too.

Jim

Old 01-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Trailblazer

I have Badlands tires all the way around on my trailblazer 400 and i love them. They hook great on hard surfaces and float great on sand.

Old 01-14-2006, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

Ditto on the Badlands all the way around, They work great every where, hard pack, grass, sand, mud.

They will smoke the 489's in mud, and almost work better than most paddle tires in sand, went up Oldsmobile Hill with them without any trouble.
Just hang on when you put them on, they bite so good you won't slide just hook and go !
even in the mud just point and go.

good luck!

Old 01-15-2006, 05:44 AM
Pro Rider

If you don't do any mudding, Hole Shots work great.

Old 01-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Range Rover

I like the holeshots. They are on my KFX 700. We do desert type riding. Only get 8" of rain annually. 300 days of sunshine though. I was thinking about taking my holeshots off and putting on the scrammy. I want to try the Razr2's on my KFX

Old 01-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Enigma
I like the holeshots. They are on my KFX 700. We do desert type riding. Only get 8" of rain annually. 300 days of sunshine though. I was thinking about taking my holeshots off and putting on the scrammy. I want to try the Razr2's on my KFX
I know the rear tires are the same on both bike's, but the front tires are a little bigger on the Scram. I'm sure the smaller KFX front tires will work, but you'll need different size rims for it. And the bolt patterns are different from each other too. Polaris doesn't have a common bolt pattern like the rest of them do. I remember buying Alum. rims for my scram and the salesman said it was hard to find rims for a scram because they had a bolt pattern of a golf cart. I had to lol.

Old 01-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

I remember buying Alum. rims for my scram and the salesman said it was hard to find rims for a scram because they had a bolt pattern of a golf cart. I had to lol.
Hmm.. I went to Rockmountain ATV to buy Douglas rims for my Trailblazer. And the Trailblazer bolt pattern is the same as the Scrammy.. So is the Trail Boss. Who was your dealer.. A golf cart dealer? Shouldn't be a problem finding wheels.
Bryce

Old 01-15-2006, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

A Douglas salesman told me that when I called them for a part number. And he did have a little problem finding the part number because the rear rims have the same bolt pattern as a golf cart.

Quick Reply: Scrambler 2wd: Tire recommendations