Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Motocross Track

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motocross Track

I am taking my predator to the local ATV track. I ride dirtbikes at the track sometimes, but i know that quads and dirtbikes are way different, so are there any tips that are distinct to riding a quad on the track. I should hopefully have a great time. Thanks for any input

-Darren

Old 01-12-2006, 01:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Motocross Track

Has it been a while since you rode the dirtbike on this track, or at all? Reason I ask is I found myself trying to throw the quad around and hitting stuff just like I would on a bike, and that ain't good...LOL. Especially on jumps, you need more speed to go the same distance, and you need to be more squared up hitting them. You can't correct in the air the same way you can on a bike. You know what I'm talking about if you been trying to throw that Preddy around like you would that CR...

I just happened to be out today practicing my cross-ups...takes some getting used to, but you can do it.

Old 01-12-2006, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default Motocross Track

Last time i rode a bike on a track was in early Nov, so its been a while. I hope its fun, and i bet its hard to correct yourself. But i dont think Kory Ellis would agree. I met him a couple times ago out at the track on my dirt bike. That guy was soo fast. he would throw that quad around like it was a dirt bike. It was AMAZING!

Old 01-12-2006, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default Motocross Track

I wish i could do it like that!!!

Old 01-12-2006, 02:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Motocross Track

Oh yea man, those guys are amazing. And really, you could do it like that, but it's not as natural as on a bike. Natural is probably not the right word, but not as easy let's say. Weight is the deal...you know that. On a bike, once it';s going one direction you can move it in another. Like on a big cross-up on a bike, they kick it up on way, then they kick it back down. On the quad you don't kick it...you heave it. Once you heave it one way, it ain't so easy to heave back...LOL. You'll have a blast, I have no doubt. We have a MX track out here too that I need to hit before it starts getting to hot.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default Motocross Track

Its kind of neat how the track is set up out here. They have a track desiginated to ONLY quads, and then they have a whole bunch of tracks for dirtbikes. Luckily there are never many quad riders. Hopefully when i go there arent a lot of pros like there were last time. Too bad my bike isnt working, blew it up last time out in the dunes. Took a nice big chunk out of my piston. Luckily my cylinder wasnt messed up. I am planning to get a 450 dirt bike soon. Cant wait to take that to a track either. Even though it will probably be a hand ful, LOL.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default Motocross Track

hopefully i can post some pics when i get back.