Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

UPDATE-Sportsman500EFI Problems To Date

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 01:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE-Sportsman500EFI Problems To Date

Dealer delivered my ATV with a nail in the tire, overheated in the first 10min of operation, very hard shifting(engine out of alignment), stalling and almost stalls problems they still can't fix, and now the exhaust is melting through the plastic!

i think Polaris should focus a LOT more on their VERY poor quality then anything else!

What COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG NEXT? LOL!

~MT

Old 01-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

don't know if you know my history or not (do a seach for the full story)

But i'd say next could be your top end, maybe your transmission going out? (my scrambler's belt just utterly evaporated last summer, it was sweet!) hmmm... electrical issues? i'm out of ideas...

wait... were you being sarcastic? was i not supposed to speculate? my bad...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

what has Polaris said about the situation?

Old 01-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: mtpockets
Dealer delivered my ATV with a nail in the tire, overheated in the first 10min of operation, very hard shifting(engine out of alignment), stalling and almost stalls problems they still can't fix, and now the exhaust is melting through the plastic!

i think Polaris should focus a LOT more on their VERY poor quality then anything else!

What COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG NEXT? LOL!

~MT

Is yours melting too?

Old 01-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: zerowick
what has Polaris said about the situation?
i have no phone # for Polaris so i have had no contact with them.

what would i say? "why are you ruining the reputation of your flagship ATV?"

~MT

Old 01-17-2006, 03:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ScramblerXLE
don't know if you know my history or not (do a seach for the full story)

But i'd say next could be your top end, maybe your transmission going out? (my scrambler's belt just utterly evaporated last summer, it was sweet!) hmmm... electrical issues? i'm out of ideas...

wait... were you being sarcastic? was i not supposed to speculate? my bad...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LOL! you're funny ScramblerXLE![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

~MT

Old 01-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

763-417-8650 Polaris Customer Assistance. if you have the time to wait for a live person it is at least a start.

Old 01-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Trailblazer

I haven't seen any melting plastic yet, but did notice the new 500 EFI I bought for my father in law was more difficult to shift than my 700. If memory serves, my 700 was tight when new as well...at least more difficult than my brother in law's 6 month 700...

It's had no overheating problems yet...and has 62 miles on it today, purchased it last friday the 13th during the full moon...does that have any bearing?

Old 01-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought mine kinda on Friday the 13th as well. I'll take delivery Friday or Saturday. I didn't realize it was a full moon, sweet. I figure it's a calculated risk, it may have issues but that's what the extended warranty is for.

Old 01-18-2006, 08:34 AM
Range Rover

I have had the plastic meltdown on both of ours, and also the overheating on my wifes. the overheating is a resistor pack that was forgotten to be added out of the crate to fix that problem. Thanks to the guys on here I called the dealer and told them about it and he looked it up and realized that it should have been done so ordered the parts. So far I haven't had any stalling problems but my wifes did the first cpouple times out but seems ok now. My quad needs a shim kit put in the clutch as it is very hard to shift into gear and starts moving on its own as soon as you get it into gear. I had friends that just bought Kawasaki's because of all the problems that we have had, and they originally were getting the 500 EFI. Polaris needs to wake up fast.

Quick Reply: UPDATE-Sportsman500EFI Problems To Date