Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris quality????

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polaris quality????

well said fireslayer, we all could use a little of your patient disposition at times. I see this is your second post, are you sure you are not just a guy from Polaris Legal trying to smooth things over before a revolution starts? (guess I'll find out if this post mysteriously disappears). I can't help but wonder. my 04.5 Sportsman 600 has been very good to me, starts on first rev of motor, idles great and runs strong. had a carb overflow leak and still leaks a little but at least I know the engine won't ever be starved for fuel. Polaris makes good machines and has great ideas, they have a whole list of "firsts" in the ATV industry. I just think they could tighten things up a little before they release their machines to the public.

Old 01-25-2006, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

fireslayer;;wayout here, when i started this thread "polaris quality"thats the only point i personaly was trying to make "quality"........you are right, nobody cares any more,thats my point!.. we as americans stand by and let it happen.. we whine about it,thats all we can do hoping it will somehow get heard,not going to happen, it will only get worst..people not taking care of machines are part of the problems they encounter do to the fact... but when you buy a new atv,its suppose to give you no problems for awile anyway,thats not rider neglect thats poor quality,my point............................. wayout, out, "lives good " p.s. another thing i see on here is alot people making comments on just hear say or they just make up something up,a lot of innocent people take it at face value,,we all need to try to sticking to the facts... lol

Old 01-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

Let me see if I can sum this up for everyone.

Polaris has Quaility Control issues
+
Owners have Maintenance Issues
+
Dealers are (mostly) crooks.
=
A lot of problems and people pointing fingers at each other.

Now better yet. How can you solve these problems.

Now the way I see it the owners can fix all of these problems.

1. Dont buy polaris then they will be forced to fix there issues before release to make sales.
2. Educate yourself on how to do maintenance on your own quad with books, using the right tools, and this forum with educational questions and discusions. Give each other a hand working on them. After all a few beers and a day in the garage never hurt anybody!
3. If you do one and two it takes care of number 3's issues because it changes the outlook of dealers needing you and not you needing dealers.

Old 01-25-2006, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hoopie
Let me see if I can some this up for everyone.

Polaris has Quaility Control issues
+
Owners have Maintenance Issues
+
Dealers are (mostly) crooks.
=
A lot of problems and people pointing fingers at each other.

Now better yet. How can you solve these problems.

Now the way I see it the owners can fix all of these problems.

1. Dont buy polaris then they will be forced to fix there issues before release to make sales.
2. Educate yourself on how to do maintenance on your own quad with books, using the right tools, and this forum with educational questions and discusions. Give each other a hand working on them. After all a few beers and a day in the garage never hurt anybody!
3. If you do one and two it takes care of number 3's issues because it changes the outlook of dealers needing you and not you needing dealers.
wayout here,i take my hat off to you,very well said,that just about sums it up!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

never happen. in general, the consumer is way too hungry for the latest and greatest and has become accustomed to diminishing quality, hence the phrase, "they don't make 'em like they used to". Polaris is well aware of this and seems to take full advantage. believe me, I would love for Polaris to prove me wrong!

Old 01-26-2006, 01:57 AM
Trailblazer

[quote]
Originally posted by: wayout
Originally posted by: whaleeditedbymoderator
I was never a big Polaris fan. I grew up on Hondas and Yamahas, and have always liked sportquads better. My wife wanted to ride but has back problems. She could barely walk after a 20 mile ride on a 400ex. My buddie suggested trying his 700 Sportsman. We ended up buying a new 2004.5 Sportsman 500. Now she can ride 80 miles a day and not have back pain. The suspension is great, its got 1200 miles on it without any real problems. A rubbed thru throttle cable and normal fluid and filter changes. After owning one I would buy another, they are damn good quads. (and the sleds arnt bad either)[/

you have a forbidden world in your post,"damm" are you guys the only ones allowed to cuss on here????????? i tried to post a reply and used s..t in my post and it was rejected,why is that........ wayout, out " lifes good "
Sorry, I must have been thinking of one of those things that hold back water [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2006, 02:57 AM
Pro Rider

wont it be cool when atvs are so mainstream, that we have "atvzone, advance atv parts, orielly atv parts, jockos atv parts, atvquest" parts houses just down the street? ,,

X

Old 01-26-2006, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"never happen. in general, the consumer is way too hungry for the latest and greatest and has become accustomed to diminishing quality, hence the phrase, "they don't make 'em like they used to". Polaris is well aware of this and seems to take full advantage. believe me, I would love for Polaris to prove me wrong!" From Zerowick

Zerowick, Why not? I agree in most cases polaris is the first one to launch new inovations in products but not always such as two up atv's and race quads. But the new inovations are hardley ever the "greatest" though. The other companies all make very cometitive and some superior products than polaris and I dont think anyone who purchased from one of the other companies would be disappointed. Between the Japanese 4 and Arctic Cat and BRP there is no shortage of selection or features that Polaris supplies the market. I think anyone who has ridden the other ATV manufactures would agree. Maybe consumers should change our thoughts on accepting diminishing quality.

Old 01-26-2006, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hoopie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"never happen. in general, the consumer is way too hungry for the latest and greatest and has become accustomed to diminishing quality, hence the phrase, "they don't make 'em like they used to". Polaris is well aware of this and seems to take full advantage. believe me, I would love for Polaris to prove me wrong!" From Zerowick

Zerowick, Why not? I agree in most cases polaris is the first one to launch new inovations in products but not always such as two up atv's and race quads. But the new inovations are hardley ever the "greatest" though. The other companies all make very cometitive and some superior products than polaris and I dont think anyone who purchased from one of the other companies would be disappointed. Between the Japanese 4 and Arctic Cat and BRP there is no shortage of selection or features that Polaris supplies the market. I think anyone who has ridden the other ATV manufactures would agree. Maybe consumers should change our thoughts on accepting diminishing quality.
noway,i'll die first!!!!!!!!

Old 01-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

"latest and greatest" is just a phrase I used to make a point. certainly some of their inovations were more "latest" than "greatest. that's the whole point, perhaps in the race to get new stuff out there a little quality is lost. Polaris seems to pride itself on being a company of firsts, along with that comes risks and possible reliability issues. on the other end of the spectrum is Honda, with more of a reputation for reliability than inovation, (at least in the ATV market). the Honda flagship, the Rincon, just got disc brakes all around in 2006, finally, yet still no front locker in their entire line up. even with their conservative approach and supposed reputaion for reliability they still produce machines with quality problems, just take a gander at the Honda forum, Hondas break too.

before I made my Polaris purchase I did extensive research and even though I heard Polaris machines need more TLC than the other manufactures I still opted for the Sportsman. some of the reasons were: hands free AWD, stainless steel brake lines, mechanical engine brake in cvt, full skid plate, radial tires, one lever service brake, and heavy duty drivetrain components. no other machine both then and now can offer all of those features for any price, let alone $6k. just a few hours ago I was sitting on a BF 750, 650 SRA, Prairie 360, Vinson, Eiger, and looked at the Honda and Yamaha ATV line while a buddy bought a new dirt bike for his kid. imo, none of the machines I sat on EVEN CAME CLOSE to feeling as stabil and sturdy as my sp600. the BF 750 felt especially soft and squishy rocking side to side with very little effort, the SRA machines were more stabil of course but were still very soft. for most riders these machines might be just fine, but I need more of a tractor like wheeler with a strong suspension and beefy drivetrain. the plastic on the Big 4 machines doesn't seem to be as thick as the stuff on my Polaris either, seems thinner and more brittle. the Polaris definately has some pounds on all the Japanese machines and that is why I like it, but that's just me, I need a sport/UTILITY machine. I came home and jumped on the Polaris first thing and it felt good to get back on the BEAST. even after checking out all the 2006 machines the Big 4 has to offer, I still feel good about my 2004.5 Polaris purchase.

Quick Reply: polaris quality????