Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

if you had to do it all over,which one to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 11:16 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if you had to do it all over,which one to buy?

there a lot of Polaris's's on the trails. is it because they are a proven atv?

with the frame problem on my vinson,i may be looking into the Polaris line.

which atv would buy?
i need one that will take a beating on the rocky trails that we ride

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-.../SportsmanMV7/

THE TOUGHEST ATV EVER BUILT

That is Polaris’s catch phrase for the MV. This ATV is so tough, it was actually designed to be dropped out of a helicopter with a parachute attached to the rear frame! It has even survived running over a landmine with the driver sustaining only minor injuries.

After some Special Forces personnel shipped a quantity of stock Sportsman’s to Afghanistan, representatives from SOCOM (Special Operations Command) arrived at the Polaris Factory in Minnesota with a wish list, wanting to know if Polaris was interested in building them a special ATV for Military use. Working closely with Polaris engineers, a special purpose-built ATV was conceived and constructed for the U.S. Military’s Special Operations Command. After building a number of these vehicles for SOCOM, a light bulb went off. Why don’t we sell these same vehicles to the public, minus the parachute and roll cage/gun mount? And so the MV was born.

The MV has a reinforced frame to withstand heavy loads and rough treatment.

_
If you do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done. Then someday, you can do what you want when you want .

Old 01-26-2006, 11:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Polaris is a tough machine and for rocks or mud I dont think there is anything better. Great ride, power and looks awsome. BUT!!! They have alot of small issues that you have to think of. The 4x4 is too technical and the front diffs can explode if certain precaution is not taken. CV boots are easily ripped if you dont protect them. Lower ball joints dont last real long. If your speedo goes out you have no 4X4 speedo sensor goes out you have irratic 4X4.. Carry an extra belt just incase. Im not on other forums to see what other brands problems are. Artic cat is very tough but not as big of a motor great ride and lots of ground clearance. Lots of stock goodies like bumpers, skid plates etc...Honda reliability no big motor Honda fat head syndrome. , BF750 awsome power but ride suffers, expecially in ricks, Yamaha grizzly just not big enough and axles are prone to breaking. Suzuki King quad, all around pretty good at everything but not great at anything. I would have to say the Polaris 700-800 1st, AC 650 second and the BF750 3rd.

Old 01-26-2006, 11:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

And yes the MV maybe the most bulletproof atv out but just not practical for the general public. They are very heavy and have a top speed of about 50mph.

Old 01-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

on the heavy note, curb weight, the MV weighs just about 1000 pounds

Old 01-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Trailblazer

i am a polaris owner also, but they dont seem to stand up to much, they always have something small wrong with them, you have to look em over after every trip even if its only for like an hour. everytime i take my polaris out i have to replace something. i find hondas are a lot stronger, the new ones are getting weaker but the older ones even the late 90's or the 01's n 02's are strong look at all the 80's honda trikes still around, very strong and reliable bike, will really take a beating but the new ones are getting weak, same for everything though, look at cars everything is gettin fiber glass and stuff , you ping the thing and theres a damn, i've rolled old trucks and drove em away without a scratch. Hondas motors are strong too if you maintain them, i've had a honda with 13,000 kms on it and still ran like a beauty, all i replaced was a back wheel bearing and i dont ride real easy. I love 'em they can stand up to a beating