Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scramblers dont get enough credit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2000, 10:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sick of hearing that scramblers are not sport bikes, dirt wheeles thinks that they are sport/utility bikes. Now the way I look at it there is know way that 4 wheel drive makes a 4-wheeler a sport/utility bike. I know that I would not do any work with my 99 400 scrambler. And I read some where that the scrambler was a TAD faster than the griz and wolverine!!! NOW IF THAT ISNT A BUNCH OF CRAP! I have rode a griz and a wolverine and there is no chance of them keeping up with any scrambler. I have a Aaen pipe and silencer, K&N air filter, and Boyseen Reeds in mine and it eats a Warrior with a Cobra pipe. Those are my feelings. What are yours?

PHILLIP
99 400 Scrambler
2000 400 Artic Cat

Old 11-09-2000, 02:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

Actually I wouldn't classify them as a true sport bike either. You are correct though they are not sport utilities. I think that they are more of a true trailsport bike. They really aren't going to win any competitions. But they look like the only ATV out there on the market that is aimed at those people that buy their ATV for the purpose of trailriding.
If you wanna ride the fastest thing out there - GO BUY SOMETHING ELSE1
If you want a utility ATV to do work - GO BUY SOMETHING ELSE
If you want a quad that will give you tons of enjoyment in whatever environment you take it in and not have to mod it all to hell just to do it
Say it with me folks - BUY THE SCRAMBLER

That's just my two cents and what do I know!

Old 11-09-2000, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

I agree the Scrambler is in a class all it's own, I wish i had bought one instead of my SP. I probably would have but I am not a fan of chain drives. i is faster than a Grizz and god it would eat a Wolverine alive.

Old 11-09-2000, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

Your right scramblers don't get enough credit, I own a scrambler 400 2x4 and I can keep up with any 400ex in the woods, no sweat. I think the scrambler has the edge over these other sport quads, for one I'm always pulling out $5500+ 400ex's and raptors out of the mud, when mine can go through no problem.

LONG LIVE POLARIS

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 11-09-2000, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to look at what magazines consider "sport" machines. Many people think of sport as more or less "semi-race". They buy a "sport" quad because it is the next best thing to buying a race quad. That means speed, agility, handling, suspension, etc., are essential. While it could be argued that the Scrambler is sporty in these areas, it falls short in the handling/jumping areas due to its weight. It's strong points are in areas that "sportiness" is not measured. Trail riding or getting through a mudhole is not considered "sporty". Climbing a rough steep hill isn't either. The speeds are too low and a utility quad could do well in these areas. Put a jump in front of that mudhole, large enough that you have to hit it at speed in order to clear the entire thing. Now, look at the quads in the "I can do that easily" category. The utility quads won't be there, and Polaris' machines fall into the "I might be able to do that, but ..." category. It also depends on the riders perspective. Many of the magazine guys have raced ATV's at some point. And once you have raced, then "sport" takes on a whole 'nother meaning...

Old 11-09-2000, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

Scramblers are in a different category than other quads. They are not true sports quads nor a utility, they are a hybrid.

The only area in the Polaris manufacturing lineup that is weak is in the sports quad department. Maybe they will someday make a Raptor/400ex/Banshee class machine.

Old 11-09-2000, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

By the time your done building that jump to clear the mud hole I would of already been through it and probably be home reading the latest post's on this site.
I dont know but unless you have your own track or you race, high perfomance quads are useless in real world trail riding which most of us do.

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400