Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

OutLaw and Polaris warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006 | 06:39 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default OutLaw and Polaris warranty?

I put money down on two Outlaws back a month ago and was told we would get 3 years on the warranty (machines due at the dealer in about a week 02/26/06). Now I'm hearing Polaris is not offering that promo anymore?

I was on the web site a couple of days ago and the offer was still up - then I heard about this and went to the site a few minutes ago and sure enough - poof - it's gone...

Anyone know what the "F-ing" story is? I better be grandfathered or they'll be two OutLaws available around here.

Old 02-17-2006 | 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

I just went through the exact same thing. I've been jerked around by a couple Polaris reps that kept on saying my Outlaw was shipped and be at my dealer. This started in Nov. I kept waiting and waiting mostly because I would be getting a 3 year warrenty with it. Well today it finally came in, I went to the dealer then get told the Promo ended yesterday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]. So I said if I can't get the Outlaw with the 3 year warrenty for the same money they quoted me for 2 months ago that they could sell it to someone else. Well I came home empty handed and left the Outlaw there. I look at it as the 07's will be here in 6 months so I'm not going to buy a extended warranty on a quad that is allready a half year old model wise. just so Polaris can change something on the 07's and wish I waited. And if they don't change anything I will at least have a modle year that will last a whole year.

Old 02-17-2006 | 07:39 PM
|
Trailblazer

Well if I'm reading your post right (correct me if I'm wrong) but you didn't put any money down and have no sales contract right? I have money down with a clear sales date of 01/12/06 the date I signed the contract.

So I believe I'll be O.K. just have to call the Dealer tomorrow to verify. My complaint was the abrupt - without any prior warning ending of the promo and I'm hoping I won't catch any grief because of it. I don't want to hear "Well there isn't anything we can do bull$hit" ...

Old 02-17-2006 | 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

A deposit will only hold a quad in your name, it will not hold a promo. The promo is based on the time of actual sale and vin # not date of deposit. My dealer tried to say the sale was done 2 days ago and the computer would not except it. I hope I'm wrong, but don't hold your breath.

Old 02-17-2006 | 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

Was that the promo that gave you a choice of say $300 or so of polaris products or the warranty? I just heard of it like 2 days ago. Or maybe I read about it.

Old 02-17-2006 | 08:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

That's stinks about the warranty ending. I guess I got lucky by buying the 800 late last month.

I wanted to buy a full 5 year warranty with zero deductable like the 02 700 had but the dealership said 3 years or 6 months. If I'd have gone for the six month warranty I would have either gotten a winch or other accesories in the amount of $400. Opted for the 3 years plus the winch and plow all financed through Starcard 9.9% $119 a month for the life of the loan, ok for a toy.

Old 02-17-2006 | 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Hi guys.. Hey I spent the greater part of Thursday calling dealers in Oregon to see if I could get a better price on a Polaris 500 HO or 700 Twin down there in Oregon instead of up here in washington.. BTW yeah I can.
Anyways, one dealer I talked to said Polairs was changing the promos on thursday afternoon like at 11am PST.. He heard thru rumor that the new program is going to be and <u>Dont quote me on this</u>

Financing..
Choose between:
Ride free till 2007
$99 a month for the life o the loan at 9.9%
$69 a month for 2 years
0,0,0 for 6 months. (0 payment, 0 interest, 0 down)

Plus

3 year ESC
Or Free Warn winch on sportsmans.

DONT quote me on that, the dealer said he heard it from Polaris. But at the time I called the sheet wasnt out yet from Polaris.

Interesting what 2 different dealers told me when I asked them about the Winch VS the 3 year esc. . They said the 3 year esc wasnt worth it. To take the Warn instead. ANd anything that is majorly going to go wrong will happen within the 6 months useally. Personally I dont know if the 3 year esc is worth it.

Any input???

Old 02-17-2006 | 11:14 PM
Trailblazer

Very interesting ! I bought my OUTLAW Thursday morning about 8:30 AM from a dealer in Kansas. I give him my Polaris card number over the phone , I actually live in Colorado soooo did I get the 3 year or not ? I guess I will find out on Monday . If not I may just have to cancel and buy something this fall . Hopefully Polaris will not be the only one with the IRS this coming fall. And who knows maybe one will have EFI on it.....

Old 02-18-2006 | 02:03 AM
Pro Rider

I don't see that the ESC is offered anymore...winch or rebates or payments.

Old 02-18-2006 | 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

no more 3 yr extended warranty, you can get a winch on 06 models or take a discount of up to 500 dollars... on 05 models there is up to a 700 dollar rebate. and as far as i know warranty registration must be done when delivery is done and only current promotions apply

Quick Reply: OutLaw and Polaris warranty?