Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

800 EFI- Is it worth the $$$

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 800 EFI- Is it worth the $$$

If you getting a winch spend the $$ and get the 3.0CI becasue it is a fully sealed unit and can be submerged without need for a teardown and cleaning it also has the winch break( IF that's the correct term) instaled so it does not drift backwards under heavy load with no power applied. I got the 700 and love it. I'm going to do the 800 Header and airbox and that should be it.

Old 03-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

welcome to the forum liam51.i see your out in wasington county with alot of good trails out there to ride on i hear. i love my 800 and there wasnt even a choice between the 700 to the 800 for me. i would spend the extra money and get the 06, thats what i did myself. where did you get your price from if you dont mind me asking? isnt very many dealers near you. the warn 3.0 ci doesnt come w/ the mechical brake that holds you from slipping only the ce comes stock w/ it, you can buy the kit for it though.

Old 03-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Range Rover

Thanks for the welcome! My prices come from a dealer in Bangor, B&D Marine. I havent checked at Friend & Friend in Ellsworth yet. They are usually the folks I buy all my toys from. It never hurts to get comparisons. Is the price I was quoted for an 06 800 EFI/winch a good one for Maine. may I ask what you paid and where? Thanks.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Trailblazer

I don't want to speak out of terms, but I'm in the market for a new quad too, though I'm thinking more about the 500efi. Pricewise, it seems that the internet pricing of the dealer in Chattanooga TN will set the standard for out the door price, and is a good indicator of how much profit/markup dealers have on the quads. Thus it gives you a point to go in and haggle with- not that every one is willing to meet that price, but they should get fairly close- out the door price that is. I'm going to try it today, and if they don't get within $500, it pays me to make that long drive (from Texas) when you add in that I have to pay perhpas another 450 or more in taxes instate where I don't if I buy "internet". The down side of this is not having a close dealer who might treat you better if you buy from them... who knows.
One local dealer who knows I'm a serious buyer keeps quoting the msrp to me... even when I ask what they would take for it. I'm not paying that for sure when theres a 2 K markup on some of them.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: textrout
I don't want to speak out of terms, but I'm in the market for a new quad too, though I'm thinking more about the 500efi. Pricewise, it seems that the internet pricing of the dealer in Chattanooga TN will set the standard for out the door price, and is a good indicator of how much profit/markup dealers have on the quads. Thus it gives you a point to go in and haggle with- not that every one is willing to meet that price, but they should get fairly close- out the door price that is. I'm going to try it today, and if they don't get within $500, it pays me to make that long drive (from Texas) when you add in that I have to pay perhpas another 450 or more in taxes instate where I don't if I buy "internet". The down side of this is not having a close dealer who might treat you better if you buy from them... who knows.
One local dealer who knows I'm a serious buyer keeps quoting the msrp to me... even when I ask what they would take for it. I'm not paying that for sure when theres a 2 K markup on some of them.

I did the same thing...I found a really good price and went to my local dealer to see what he will do and he quoted me full retail, Then I showed him my price that I got from another dealer and he tried to feed me a line that it was bs and that dealer could not sell it for that price.

I gave him 3 weeks and the best price he could give me was FULL RETAIL.

He did say to me that "If I sold the machine to you for that price I would only make $100 on it", Which tells me that they were to make $2200 on that 05 700....I pulled my check out and said that this will be yours if you can come within 200 of the price and he said just go but the machine up there because he could not do it. SO I DID and saved $2100

People will knock you for not buying from your local dealer but it is YOUR money so I say spent it wisely.
Just keep this in mind that he is not YOUR dealer if he does not sell it to you and he does have to earn you as a customer because it is not an automatic that customers are his within a specific area...Free trade

Sorry, I had to vent [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

liam51, i bought mine from cover side in newport. he did have the color i wanted so he bought it from a dealer in augusta and sold it to me for 8100.00 and i also traded my 500 in on it so it wasnt a clean cash sale. he also gave me what i wanted for mine so i got a pretty good deal al around. i bought mine in dec. so i got the 3 yr extended warranty. i bought my 335 i had in 99 from friend and friend and got a pretty good price. b&d are usually too high in price for me to buy from them. good luck. ps my dealer was selling an 05 for 7200.00 i beleave.

Old 03-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spyder6
well between the 700 and 800 there isnt a whole lot of difference. the 800 is a little bit louder with an different exhuast tone, along with being a bit faster. other than that, theres not a whole lot of usable difference.

if you dont have alot of money to spend the 700 might be worth looking into over the 800. but none the less, if you have the money for the 800 i would do it, i had one, best quad ive ever owned next to my predator.
THis aint got nothing to do with the topic but Spyder I was wondering about the dig you take at west virginia people....IM not from west Va. but I work in your home state of Ky....nothing for nothing little buddy but I dont much care for that...and I dont think you should put crap like that on here..

Old 03-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Trailblazer

It is absolutely worth it. I think alot of people buy a 700 and spend money to try to make it faster. If you resell it forget the money spent on mods.

I agree about the 3000lb winch - my warn 2500 blew up and the people at warn did not seem surprised at all - plus it has a remote.

I got mine in WVA for 7600 right after they (2006s) came out. Rydersville Cycle in Berkley Springs...one of the biggest in the US.
none of the dealers in my area knew anything about them or really tried to sell anything at all. I sent a flatbed out and had it a day later.

Get the 800.It is a beast and you will love it.

Old 03-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just got an 05' 800 for $7200 out the door including 7% NC sales tax. I couldn't get the TN price, but I didn't really want to drive 14 hours and wanted local dealer support. I can tell you several dealers in my area are complaining to Polaris about that TN dealer. Apparently the TN dealer prices are below what my local dealer can buy a new machine for.

-Matt

Old 03-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Matt27703
I just got an 05' 800 for $7200 out the door including 7% NC sales tax. I couldn't get the TN price, but I didn't really want to drive 14 hours and wanted local dealer support. I can tell you several dealers in my area are complaining to Polaris about that TN dealer. Apparently the TN dealer prices are below what my local dealer can buy a new machine for.

-Matt
My local dealer gave me that same line also..I bought 2 88"s last summer I got 16000.00 in the both of them if Id had it to do over id went to Tn...If Southern Powersports can sell ya one for 6900 the local dealer can too but they wont and they use that "I wont work on it' CRAP TO GET YA TO BUY FROM THEM...they wanna make 2000.00 on the quad while Tn guy"s make 3-5 hundred but sell volumn..Polaris makes no difference in dealer price and if SP was doing anything wrong Polaris would pull there dealer ship....the small guys cant compete with the volumn they sell and try to make it all on one guy instead of several....I wished id drove to Tn....

Quick Reply: 800 EFI- Is it worth the $$$