Hey Gang
anybody recommend a passenger seat for my 700 Sportsman
thanks

bob

Old 03-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger and Cargo seat for 700 Sportsman

hey texun, all seats I looked @ didn't seem worth the $$ asked for them, I have a pure polaris cargo box that goes on fast, provides great storage and acts as back rest, although not padded.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:03 PM
Range Rover

I've done some research on these mainly to putt around with my little one. No hardcore trailriding or blazing speeds. Best one I've seen so far are the ones made by Kimpex for the money. Go to ebay and do a search on "atv cargo box". A place out of Minnesota has them for $230.00 shipped to your door. They look nice and have locking compartments to boot. One has a gas can holder on back and one has just more storage. Go check them out. Brian

Old 03-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Range Rover

I had the Kimpex delux trunk, too big and bulkie for non-passenger technical trail riding but great for solo winter travel or passengers, make sure your passenger has footrests. Either pop-rivet homemade footrests onto the rear fenders or Kimpex sells adjustable footrests.

Old 03-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: jdaddy
hey texun, all seats I looked @ didn't seem worth the $$ asked for them, I have a pure polaris cargo box that goes on fast, provides great storage and acts as back rest, although not padded.
Polaris does offer a padded backrest for the new quick attach cargo box. Ive seen the box at the dealer but only a picture of the backrest. It is specifically made to fit this box. It is pricey, $119.00, and along with the box, $179.00...Hummmmmm. It might be worth it..Not sure. Polaris also makes just a backrest without a box in the quick attach line.$179.00 ooouch! Picture makes it look like it slide fwd and aft for either driver or passenger. I'm looking for ideas still. How do you like your cargo box? Is there room for a passenger?

Old 03-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Trailblazer

My kids have been riding with us,since they practicaly got out of diapers.Whatever you do DONT strap the kid on.If you go over the kid can get crushed by the atv. I have dumped unexpectedly with my 9 year old.wheel went in a hole,sidehilling atv was completely stopped,but i couldnt save it,daughter came off [jumped] all was fine,cant imagine anyone strapping a kid on.
Cant remember the box i got,CABELLERS sells them...comfortable.SOME brands arent,the one my friend bought,you leaned back so far,it felt like you were laying down!Footpegs are a must have,they help the passenger stay gripped to the seat.Most need to be modified,because your legs are spread to far,its not comfortable.A couple drill handles on the box make nice hand grips.mine came with ropes,they suck..Make sure the box is bolted on good,a homemade plate with bolts welded to it,up through your rack,is a secure answer.
Its important to have the passenger comfortable,my kids can ride for 10 hours and dont wine to much.one more thought make them walk when the going gets scarey.kids should have a helmet too
ESCAVADER

Old 03-11-2006, 01:20 AM
Range Rover

Yes my little one would have a helmet and there's now way he'd be strapped in. Reminds me of a coworker moron at work I ripped a new one. I was out riding my motorcycle one day down a 2 lane 55 mph highway. She had her 10 yr. old daughter on the back of her motorcycle both wearing no helmets and they passed me by going the other way. I told her the next day at work, you may be enough of a fool not to wear a helmet, (she's only been riding for about a year her whole life) but don't ride your kid around without one as she's not old enough to make that choice yet. Next time I saw them out the girl had one on. Once my kids turn 18 they can do as they please but until then it's my rules. Brian