Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

thinkin about buying a preddy

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinkin about buying a preddy

I was thinking about buying a new preddy this summer i think an 05 troy lee NEW but im not sure ive heard some bad things about them... should i buy used im kinda on a budget but wat should i expect to pay for an 05 or 06 and wat would the payment be about

Old 03-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Trailblazer

thought about an OUTLAW too

Old 03-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I dont know what you might pay for an '05 in you neck of the woods right now, but I know some guys are getting really good deals right now on them. Payments on it will depend on how much you get it for and whay kind of financing is available.

As far as hearing bad things, if you listen close enough you will hear bad things about everything. I know there are a few guys on here that have had some problems, but I think for the most part, the Preds are holding up very well. I've not had any problems at all...

Outlaw is a whole nother deal. You won't get too many price breaks on that one as there are only so many to go around and right not, supply is WAYYYY under demand.

Old 03-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Trailblazer

the only reason i thought of an 05 is because the TLD is orange it looks pretty sweet... im looking to pay about maybe 100-120 per month maybe for 48 months.... should i get the Troy Lee is there that much of a diffrence... and what about buying a used one from the local dealership how much cheaper would one be than new and would it be a smart thing to buy used

Old 03-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Personally, I wouldn't buy used. Some guys do and have good luck, but IMO it's a crapshoot. I don't think you're really going to save that much either. The TLD is, from what I hear, a real runner. It;s got the close ratio gears, the Fox Shox with rezzies, which I have just recently come to fully appreciate, and wheels and some other goodies. I think the TLD is definately the way to go. The LE in '05 is also nice cause it has everything the TLD has, but with an aftermarket pipe and some additional goodies on it. It also has the standard tranny and that's really why I went with it. Doesn't come with the orange plastics though. You can find them pretty cheap though...cheaper than the pipe and other stuff you will be putting on it.

$100 - 120 per month you might be able to do, but you are going to have to be a real good negotiator.

If you haven't been yet, I highly recommend you check out Predator Owners. There is a boatload of Predator info there, and a group of guys that are always willing to help. I'm there a Webopper also, so come over and say hey...

Old 03-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Trailblazer

i found an 05 troy lee at a local dealer for 5400 with HMF pipe, nerf bars and k&n filter good price? and theres another 04 for 3400 but do the 04s have reverse...its a must!

Old 03-10-2006, 12:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Used obviously with all the aftermarket stuff, right? The stuff that;s on the '05 you are going to do anyway and I'd guess it's roughly $500 worth of upgrades. I'd say the '05 is a good deal if you can get some sort of warranty, even if it's 30 days from the dealer.

Old 03-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Trailblazer

thanks for helping me decide webopper im going to go to my local polaris shop and buy an 06 Troy lee in a month or so i think theyll give me a pretty good deal because about a year ago i bought an 03 sportsman 600 from there and paid cash for it then had my parents go in and buy a sportman 400 in the same week so i think he'll give me a good deal on one.... ill re-post when i get it

Old 03-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Good deal...if you can swing it, look at the what's called the GNCC or Safari edition for 2006. It is basically the same as the '05 LE like I have, but with really cool looking black plastics. Spyder6 has some good pictures on his profile page if you want to see what they look like. They have some really nice upgrades over even the Troy Lee. Troy Lee is great too though, don't get me wrong...

Either way you go, you'll have a blast.

Old 03-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer

I heard about the GNCC edition and heard they only made 1300 and the only diffrence was black plastic and pure polaris (white brothers) pipe havent heard of safari edition

Quick Reply: thinkin about buying a preddy